Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 5:21 am
idk but I smiled at your avatar

-Vader
i'm saving the two films for ma pj so stoked :D

Depp has been asked to step down by WB.

Woah... This is huge! But it was kind of to be expected after the libel case verdict.

Amber Heard needs to get fired too otherwise this is absolute bs

4N Legend wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 12:52 pm
Amber Heard needs to get fired too otherwise this is absolute bs
This.

Well, Depp is the only who' had the allegations against him verified in the court of law so WB's decision is pretty much predictable at this point. With Heard, correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't been following this that much, nothing has been verified in court. If that's the case I wouldn't expect a full on termination of her contract, especially since the recent ruling made her a victim of domestic abuse.

It's weird that they haven't done anything against Miller and they are even going forward with him as Flash as well, even though his assault was caught on camera.

LelekPL wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 4:31 am
Well, Depp is the only who' had the allegations against him verified in the court of law so WB's decision is pretty much predictable at this point. With Heard, correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't been following this that much, nothing has been verified in court. If that's the case I wouldn't expect a full on termination of her contract, especially since the recent ruling made her a victim of domestic abuse.

It's weird that they haven't done anything against Miller and they are even going forward with him as Flash as well, even though his assault was caught on camera.
Correct.

I'm baffled how anyone can listen to the tapes in a court of law and not realize Depp was the victim of systemic abuse in a very very toxic relationship. Hopefully someone else sees it down the line. I'm sure Depp wasn't exactly saint but his behavior is more autodestructive than abusive, partially because of the toxicity involved from Heard's side.

m4st4 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 4:37 am
LelekPL wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 4:31 am

Correct.

I'm baffled how anyone can listen to the tapes in a court of law and not realize Depp was the victim of systemic abuse in a very very toxic relationship. Hopefully someone else sees it down the line. I'm sure Depp wasn't exactly saint but his behavior is more autodestructive than abusive, partially because of the toxicity involved from Heard's side.
Yes but correct me if I'm wrong; wasn't there another case ongoing between Depp and Heard? I find it stupefying to believe the court does not think Heard is toxic af.

I hope I’m not getting my numbers wrong, but if you look at court docs, apparently at least 12 out of 14 altercations between Depp and Heard where Depp was the abuser were proven to be real. While the finger vodka bottle instance, however, hasn’t yet been proven to be Heard’s fault. Apparently. And then there are those text messages Depp sent, which, I mean, I get it, abused people can absolutely lash out in horrible ways at their abusers, but when the situation is so convoluted and messy, it can also look really horrible on Depp’s part.

Personally I still dunno what to think, and am mostly of the opinion that both were extremely shitty and toxic to each other. But what I do know is that audio recording of Heard was pure psychological terror.

i'm boycotting this movie