new kanye album tonight!

A place to discuss music and video games.
I just don't like it. Not at all my cup of tea. Tried listening to it twice and that was enough for me.

Ruth wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 12:30 pm
jesus nobody’s missing out on anything if they simply don’t like kanye.
That's totally correct, but half of the people in here aren't talking about the music, they're talking about the person. It'd be like boycotting The Hateful Eight because Tarantino's an egotistical maniac. They can do whatever they'd like, but it's generalizing an entire project. Some people genuinely can't separate the person from the art though and that's okay, but I don't think it's a bad thing to also defend the project against such generalizations. Personally, I was really worried that this album would focus more on the controversy than making an artistic statement and I was pleasantly surprised. If it was the former, I would shut that garbage off quick.

It always amazes me how Kanye ruffles so many feathers.

The dude's got serious mental health issues but he makes music that is at worst just okay to at best pretty genius at times that changed the whole world of mainstream rap a few times over.

-Vader

Bacon wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 11:58 am
You're the ones missing out. Kanye's made some really ambitious and fantastic projects over the last decade, and being a Trump supporter or the recent controversies don't make the music any less good. Exibit A I dont like what he was saying either but the fact so many people like to say they can separate art from the artist and then call for Kanye's cancellation is just idiotic. Exhibit B There's some evidence out there to imply Swift may be a Trump supporter as well. Continue listening to Drake or whatever you do.
A... immediately followed by B. Wow. :clap:

‘Let’s talk music guys... I won’t though... but let’s. Oh and that singer you like? She’s probably a Trump supporter too. Hard evidence. Haaard evidence. Like pictures and all. Yeah... So, like, we’re both hypocrites.’

How about I don’t care?

Again, I see a lot of missed marks round here, and not a single word on the actual quality of the album, just blind fire with whatever ammunition.

Vader, funny, isn’t it? Kind of like how Trump rattles the cages? Really curious, especially considering what he’s done and said recently, even within his own community.

m4st4 wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:20 pm
Again, I see a lot of missed marks round here, and not a single word on the actual quality of the album, just blind fire with whatever ammunition.
We were literally talking about how much we liked the album before you and Allstar started trolling

m4st4 wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:20 pm
A... immediately followed by B. Wow. :clap:
It's funny how if you bend words and ignore prior posts, you can manipulate the meaning of something. Glad you figured that out

You know what, I’m checking out. Enjoy the album.

This place is like a goddamn shelter for stray dogs sometimes.

Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams
I use it as my gas, so they say that I'm gassed
But without it I'd be last, so I ought to laugh
he said this on his first album, you guys. dont be mad at kanye

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 2:12 pm
Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams
I use it as my gas, so they say that I'm gassed
But without it I'd be last, so I ought to laugh
he said this on his first album, you guys. dont be mad at kanye
dunno i feel like people here are becoming more mad because of taylor swift again instead

The sounds and production are probably his best since MBDTF. Simplistic yet clearly defined whereas everything sounded weird and so 480p on Pablo.

Also Cudi the GOAT

Kids See Ghost in 1 week