The Fountainhead (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I'm there opening day, of course, but I'd probably have chosen something different if I were him.

A mediocre figure adapting another mediocre figure. When it comes to picking a lunatic "philosopher" to follow Synder can't even do that right. Ayn Rand is to Friedrich Nietzsche as what Synder is to Christopher Nolan so this pairing only makes sense. As softhearted as I am he'll get no pity from me when this gets lampooned like all of the other modern Ayn Rand tributes.

dafox wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 7:17 pm
A mediocre figure adapting another mediocre figure. When it comes to picking a lunatic "philosopher" to follow Synder can't even do that right. Ayn Rand is to Friedrich Nietzsche as what Synder is to Christopher Nolan so this pairing only makes sense. As softhearted as I am he'll get no pity from me when this gets lampooned like all of the other modern Ayn Rand tributes.
hahahah

joking aside, you don't have to compare Nietzsche to Nolan, he's almost as obvious as Rand.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 7:20 pm
dafox wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 7:17 pm
hahahah

joking aside, you don't have to compare Nietzsche to Nolan, he's almost as obvious as Rand.

-Vader
I "like" Nietzsche in the same way that I like reading the Wall Street Journal i.e. know thy enemy. Aside from polemical purposes he's still kinda interesting and amusing, a giant compared to that weird lady but a lunatic nonetheless.

I wonder how Snyder will handle the controversial sex scene in this day and age.£

No rest for the wicked.

Couldn't read more than 30 pages of this trite. :sick:

Fun fact, Steve Ditko was also a huge fan. Made him leave Marvel and TASM.
He was also (probably) semi-crazy. Genius none the less.

Unfortunately, Snyder is neither so, if this truly is his next project, he must have huge favor left within WB ranks.

Pratham wrote:
May 28th, 2018, 9:40 pm
Couldn't read more than 30 pages of this trite. :sick:
SAME. Almost a decade ago. Though I wonder from time to time whether I should pick it up again.