Men in Black International (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Liam Neeson is in negotiations to join Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson in Sony’s “Men in Black” spinoff, sources tell Variety. F. Gary Gray, who previously helmed “Straight Outta Compton” and “The Fate of the Furious,” is on board to direct.

The studio fast-tracked the project earlier this fall, setting Matt Holloway and Art Marcum to pen the script and dating a May 17, 2019, release.

The original movie followed Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, who played agents of a secret organization known as the Men in Black and protected Earth from intergalactic bad guys. The first film was huge hit in 1997 and produced two more sequels.

Neeson will play the head of the U.K. branch of the agency. Rip Torn portrayed the head of the American division in the original pics.
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/liam- ... 202819038/

Emma Thompson is returning to the world of Men In Black.

The actress is joining Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson in Sony’s Men in Black reboot that begins production this month in London.

Liam Neeson and Kumail Nanjiani are also part of the big-name cast, as is Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom bad guy Rafe Spall and star street dancing duo Les Twins, Laurent Nicolas Bourgeois and Larry Nicolas Bourgeois,

Plot details and most character details are being kept secret but it is known that Thompson will reprise the role of Agent O, the chief of the Men in Black organization.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... lm-1129525

Hot off Mission: Impossible Fallout, Rebecca Ferguson is being set for the female lead in the Men in Black spinoff opposite Chris Hemsworth. She has separately closed her deal to play the scary Rose the Hat in Doctor Sleep, based on the Stephen King novel that continues the story line King started in The Shining.
https://deadline.com/2018/08/men-in-bla ... 202438809/

I watched MI:5 last night and I loved Ferguson in her role! Glad to see she's getting more work.

wait i thought Tessa Thompson was the female lead of this

Penguin022 wrote:
August 3rd, 2018, 12:13 am
Turns out you can have more that one Smurfette these days

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 3rd, 2018, 12:27 am
Penguin022 wrote:
August 3rd, 2018, 12:13 am
Turns out you can have more that one Smurfette these days
The report is calling Rebecca Ferguson the female lead though, which seems to counter the previous reports that Thompson was the female lead. Either way, this cast looks fairly good for a movie I have such low expectations for.