Climax (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Love is a hard pass.

Looking forward to this though.

This was a uniquely unpleasant experience. It's like the film equivalent of a bad trip, and it's genuinely horrifying to watch at times.

It's nightmarish and relentless, and... it's quality Noé.

The more I think about this, the more I like it.
On my 2018 top ten rn.

So is this never releasing in North America?

My friend saw this at the Egyptian Theater in LA. It was at a special screening and Sofia Boutella was there (my friend would look back and see Sofia reacting to her scenes which is pretty neat).

She loved it and this was her first Noe film. I so hope I can see this eventually. I really like Boutella and I like what I've seen from Noe. I'm super hyped from all the positive reactions I've seen from it.

Artemis wrote:
October 31st, 2018, 7:06 pm
My friend saw this at the Egyptian Theater in LA. It was at a special screening and Sofia Boutella was there (my friend would look back and see Sofia reacting to her scenes which is pretty neat).

She loved it and this was her first Noe film. I so hope I can see this eventually. I really like Boutella and I like what I've seen from Noe. I'm super hyped from all the positive reactions I've seen from it.
its really great. and surprisingly restrained considering the premise

Numbers wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:49 pm
This was a uniquely unpleasant experience. It's like the film equivalent of a bad trip, and it's genuinely horrifying to watch at times.

It's nightmarish and relentless, and... it's quality Noé.
...basically this ^^ good lord, the single takes and the overall choreography though but parts of it were just :shock:

anyway, fun double bill with Suspiria 2k18!

Yeah, so I find it very suspicious this has a "TBD" date on A24's website. What even happened? Wasn't this supposed to come out early this month?

Haven't been able to stop thinking about this one (or Bangalter's pulsating score). It had me more SHOOK than any of Noé's other films.
Can't wait to check it our again in December when I leave the country. And I may or may not watch it on psychedelics. heh.