Battlefield V

A place to discuss music and video games.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 7:01 pm
my problem is less with dumb pc diversity and more with the over-the-top cartoony look

like, that trailer looked like a call of duty game
CoD can only wish to look like that. It does look extremely colorful though. Over the top colorful :eh:.

They should've focused less on a "cinematic feel" trailer but more on some raw kick-ass MP footage (like what JackFrags mentioned)

They were clearly trying to appeal to the Fortnite crowd with that cartoonish trailer pc stuff.

They were right about 'Battlefield will never be the same' talk though. A lot has been changed since BF1:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegBXGaFrOU[/youtube]

In addition to Fortifications and Grand Operations:
- Gun variants are gone (gun attachments are back)
- Behemots are gone
- Elite classes are gone (replaced by pickup kits a la BF4)
- Introduction of character 'archetypes' that combines progression and soldier customization (but not pay to win)
- Increased destructible environment: you can shoot through walls and other objects, buildings can collapse inwards or outwards depending on weapons/vehicles etc
- Improved movement with R6 style prone

What even was that trailer. Need to see more gameplay though.

Youtubers like Jackfrags, Xfactor and AngryJoe have done more to promote this game than DICE themselves. The trailer was probably the worst marketing move in that company's history.

This and the video posted above pretty much breaks down some of the new gameplay features seen in the shitty reveal trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fzUDX5CZaU

ok now i'm pretty excited

Guys trust me this thing I saw was so exciting please trust me!

K. I’ll trust my own eyes and right now what I saw is the hightened WWII reality that just isn’t my particular cup of tea. I kept my fingers crossed for a modern warfare continuation but it’s a personal preference.

Judging by Jackfrags' info it'll revolve much, much more around squad/team synergy than evvvver before. Building and resource dependency and all that. That could slow down the pacing a lot or it might just make it that much more rewarding and meaningful. Also it seems to be a lot, lot more sandboxy. I missed that in BF1.

Honestly, I wasn't hyped at all because I was expecting another gritty af BF with a badass trailer and I got the opposite. Shitty trailer and a 50-50 chance at something pretty different, potentially great, despite the unexpected aesthetic.

EDIT:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegBXGaFrOU[/youtube]

grand operations sounds so interesting