A Quiet Place Part II (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
John Krasinski has ideas for a sequel to his massive hit A Quiet Place.
“It’s only a short while since the movie came out,” he said, “but already people are saying, ‘We want to live in this world more,’ which is really interesting. I’m surprised people aren’t like, ‘Nah, we know what this is, and we just want to leave it as it is.’ ”

He added that the horror story of a family living in silence, hiding from noise-sensitive alien creatures had originally seemed like a stand-alone piece.

“To be perfectly honest, it was never really on my mind while we were making it,” he said. “I never really thought of it as an expanded world; I always thought of it as a one-off.”

Although Krasinski has not yet confirmed he will helm the next installment, he did touch on what he would like a sequel to explore. “The thing that I loved in the movie,” he said, “where my mind kept wandering as we were making it, was the question of who was on the other end of those fires, when the father lights the fire and in the distance those other fires light up. How did those people survive? How did that old man survive?”

“In the extreme these characters are going through, there’s no room to think about that. They’re there, there’s an old man who’s about to scream, they just have to deal with that. I think it would be interesting to see what’s going on elsewhere at this same time.”

In announcing the sequel at CinemaCon, Gianopulos praised Krasinski and his co-star and wife Emily Blunt, saying, “It’s the artist with a true vision that makes the improbable happen.”
http://deadline.com/2018/05/john-krasin ... 202384737/
Last edited by Nomis on August 29th, 2018, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The movie doesn't really need a sequel and it shouldn't be a requirement to make sequels out of successful original ideas. But on the other hand there is still a lot to discover in this universe.

I honestly don't know what finding out about how other families survived is going to matter to the story? Then it's just the same as the first film but with different characters. If they do make this it should add something or turn something on its head.
Besides, we already know how they can kill the creatures so what's next?

2 Quiet 2 Places update:
“Oh [Krasinski is] definitely involved. We’re lucky on this one. I’ve had movies where the studio says to you, ‘Here’s your date. Let’s go!’ and on this one we’re not rushing anything, which is amazing. So we’re gonna take our time, we’re gonna figure out where to go, but there is no rush on it and we’re just starting to talk about it. We’re figuring out what everyone’s involvement’s gonna be and what the actual next movie’s gonna be. The first one is so special to us that we really want to take our time with this and not rush anything.”
“It’s such a special movie to us, the experience and everything. It’s easy to rush these and we’ve made movies in the past where we’ve rushed them through and we’ve felt it, and we just don’t wanna do it on this one. We really don’t. We really just wanna take our time and as long as it takes, it takes. It has to be the right story, just like the first one. It just has to be.”

I love this movie, I mean I do. But it has a lot of flaws, or questionable happenings. The world would absolutely not be at this place from those monsters, plain and simple.

I just feel if they make a sequel they are going to have to answer for a lot of questions that will either (a) remain unaddressed or (b) break the first film and the "rules" that were built.

So there's a release date, but no director?