Us (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Winston Duke, Lupita Nyong’o and Elisabeth Moss are circling to star in Jordan Peele’s latest movie project, the newly titled Us, for Universal Pictures.

The project is Peele’s first feature since Get Out, the little horror movie that became a pop culture phenomenon and Oscar-winner.

Peele is once again directing from his own script. He is also producing via his Monkeypaw Productions alongside Sean McKittrick and Jason Blum. Also producing is Monkeypaw’s Ian Cooper.

Uni has already dated the movie for March 15, 2019.

Details are being kept deep in suburbia but it is said to center on two couples, one white, one black. If deals make, Duke and Nyong’o would play one couple. Moss would play part of the other couple.

Nyong'o is said to be in negotiations while Duke and Moss's potential deals are in earlier stages.
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/jorda ... ssion=true

In.

I'd like to see some new talent come in (something he did so well with Get Out) and show off their stuff rather than see Lupita....again tbh

Sure, why not?

It's already high on my anticipation list and I love that it's another horror. We need a new horror maestro. Later, he can branch out into something different but keep it going when they're good.

So glad it seems like another horror. Can't wait!

Lupita’s a great actress and it’s not like she’s being shoved down our throats in every single movie that comes out

I don’t think she even had another big great role after 12 years a slave (not really counting SW or BP)

I get that, I'm not against the casting. It's just that Peele was so cool about getting great new talent in his film that his next one could be another really big breakout role for someone and Lupita is one of the most acclaimed actresses of color in the business right now. He may get new talent in other places or it may serve the story to play into audience expectations. I trust Peele.

Bacon wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 4:44 pm
I get that, I'm not against the casting. It's just that Peele was so cool about getting great new talent in his film that his next one could be another really big breakout role for someone and Lupita is one of the most acclaimed actresses of color in the business right now. He may get new talent in other places or it may serve the story to play into audience expectations. I trust Peele.
Yeah, I totally get what you're saying but I feel like that's a bit of a weird argument that could be used against almost any other actor out there in all films, including, for example, Glover lol (i.e. why cast him in anything at all if there's so much 'minority' talent who would kill for a mainstream opportunity, etc.)

Anyway, def excited for this.

Ruth wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 4:57 pm
Bacon wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 4:44 pm
Yeah, I totally get what you're saying but I feel like that's a bit of a weird argument that could be used against almost any other actor out there in all films, including, for example, Glover lol (i.e. why cast him in anything at all if there's so much 'minority' talent who would kill for a mainstream opportunity, etc.)

Anyway, def excited for this.
Except that Get Out was a low-budget feature debut. That's why I was hoping for Peele to break out some new talent since Us is being touted as "a new nightmare" from Peele, which could be implying a relationship in style/size to his prior film. However, we don't know the scale of this film and so it might justify a more star-studded cast/lead.