The 355 (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 3:25 am
Oh no, an actor actually enjoys the movies they worked on and genuinely likes their product. End of the world I tell ya.
Dark Phoenix was one of the biggest disasters ever, even worse than Trank’s Fantastic Four. It is a classic case of white male privilege.

If she was never directed by Kinberg, he would have never been appointed director to this movie. But since she was, and she apparently enjoyed working with him, he's directing this movie.

It's a classic case of wanting to work with people you like instead of white male privilege really.

Artemis wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 4:29 am
If she was never directed by Kinberg, he would have never been appointed director to this movie. But since she was, and she apparently enjoyed working with him, he's directing this movie.

It's a classic case of wanting to work with people you like instead of white male privilege really.
Exactly. And that gives me the slightest bit of hope for this.

Ugh... January, the dumping season.

I saw this as more of a summer movie but January...damn that's harsh.

Artemis wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:01 pm
And it seems like it was earmarked for July 2021 potentially.

antovolk wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:09 pm
Artemis wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 3:01 pm
And it seems like it was earmarked for July 2021 potentially.
Usually moving a film up is a good thing but to go from July to January...like what is going on?

Is it a case of dumping this movie because the summer schedule is crowded and they have no faith in it or do they hope it will be a sleeper hit in January like Glass?

is anyone surprised? It did say a lot Chastain worked with him again after Dark Phoenix though...lol

LMAO!!!!

She approached him to direct 355 during Dark Phoenix. They didn't know it would be a bomb tbf.