Birds of Prey and the fantabulous emancipation of one harley quinn (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pfft, another DCEU film. Well at least it'll be fun to watch the train wre-
Nomis wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 4:15 pm
The rumored line-up of characters:

Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain and Renee Montoya.

and Quinn lol

The villain is said to be a Batman villain, but they didn't have a name.
Nomis wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 4:15 pm
Cassandra Cain
. . . Please be good. Please be fucking good.

Nomis wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 6:02 pm
What's the source for that Artemis?
Justin Kroll tweeted it a while back.

Ace
‘Birds of Prey’ Villain Revealed as Black Mask
https://www.thewrap.com/birds-of-prey-v ... sk-batman/
Gotham City mob boss and Batman foe Black Mask will make his big screen debut as the villain in ‘Birds of Prey, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

"After splitting up with The Joker, Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes – Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya – come together to save the life of a little girl (Cassandra Cain) from an evil crime lord."
Last edited by Ace on August 6th, 2018, 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

While Black Mask is cool and all, it feels wrong him being the villain of this and not of Gotham City Sirens.

Ace wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 5:17 pm
‘Birds of Prey’ Villain Revealed as Black Mask
https://www.thewrap.com/birds-of-prey-v ... sk-batman/
Gotham City mob boss and Batman foe Black Mask will make his big screen debut as the villain in ‘Birds of Prey, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

"After splitting up with The Joker, Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes – Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya – come together to save the life of a little girl (Cassandra Cain) from an evil crime lord."

As TheWrap first reported, the film will feature female DC Comics heavy hitters Black Canary, Huntress, Renee Montoya, and a young Cassandra Cain, alongside star Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.
That sounds decent at least. And she’s separated from J, good. Get on with the times. 🕷️

I still hate how we're getting Black Mask in a film that Batman isn't in.

https://heroichollywood.com/birds-of-pr ... -biracial/
While an actress has yet to be cast in the role of Black Canary for Warner Bros. and DC Films’ upcoming Birds of Prey movie, the studio is interested in casting a biracial actress to play the character, Heroic Hollywood has exclusively learned.
According to an insider, the studio is looking for an actress to play a world-weary Black Canary who has the ability to sing. This may have been the role Lady Gaga was approached for but ultimately passed on and it appears Warner Bros. wants to go in a different direction as well.

Ace
Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Justina Machado Testing for DC Film
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... lm-1145844
The DC feature project, which is being headlined by Margot Robbie as anti-heroine Harley Quinn, is narrowing down the actress who will play heroines Black Canary and Huntress, among several others.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gugu Mbatha-Raw, who starred in Belle and appeared in Ava DuVernay's A Wrinkle in Time, and Jurnee Smolett-Bell, who appeared in the critically acclaimed WGN series Underground and recently booked a lead in HBO’s Lovecraft Country, are in the mix for Black Canary. Hidden Figures star Janelle Monae was also said to be in the running but it is unclear if she tested for the role.

Canary, who is an expert fighter that is known for her “canary cry," has traditionally been white in the comics but for Birds of Prey Warners is looking for diverse talent.

For the role of Huntress, Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane, Fargo) and Cristin Milioti (Black Mirror, How I Met Your Mother) have tested or read, sources say.

Justina Machado, who stars in Netflix's One Day at a Time and who has appeared on Jane the Virgin and The Purge: Anarchy, tested for the role of Renee Montoya. Roberta Colindrez, who starred in Amazon series I Love Dick and Starz's Vida, also tested for the character, a lesbian detective on the Gotham City police force.

Another role to be filled is that of Cassandra Cain. In the comics, Cain is a woman who functions as a mute and socially maladjusted assassin and who was at one time Batgirl. But the movie version is seeking to remold the character as a 12-year old. The studio is looking for an Asian actress for the part.

There are other potential actors for the roles but Warners is said to be moving quickly, with decisions expected to made within two weeks. Prey is eyeing to shoot at the beginning of the new year, with Cathy Yan attached to direct.

I like all of these names and I like the direction Margot and co are taking.

Love that we're getting older more established actresses for this. I'm guessing with Affleck's Batman being so old they had to age everyone else up.

Looking forward to see who is in the final cast.

I hope Winstead signs on. Loved her 10 Cloverfield Lane performance.