Birds of Prey and the fantabulous emancipation of one harley quinn (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 6:23 pm
Who cares? This is Harley's POV and she's highly likely to be the most unreliable narrator like ever lol

I like how this looks like the way she perceives Gotham and the world

I think this could be a lot of fun
You can't drop little "Easter Eggs' to Batman/Bruce Wayne like at the end of the trailer, and then not expect the audience to wonder where he is...don't set the location in Gotham then.

It makes sense that he's busy elsewhere. This is not a Far from Home situation where
an apocalyptic event is about to occur and every single one of the other Avengers are occupied somehow
This is underground people going after each other. Shouldn't be a top priority for Bats, naturally.

Master Virgo wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 8:21 pm
It makes sense that he's busy elsewhere. This is not a Far from Home situation where
an apocalyptic event is about to occur and every single one of the other Avengers are occupied somehow
This is underground people going after each other. Shouldn't be a top priority for Bats, naturally.
That's what I mean, I don't need Batman to appear. But a good little line or two explaining where he's at...

Didn't know this movie was rated R.
Just saw the protagonist snort cocaine and everybody was so cool about it... I was like "Am I missing something?"

that's not cocaine

she's high on girl powerrrrrrr

:ninja:

This Harley Quinn movie is suffering from psychotic delusions thinking it's a Birds of Prey movie. I therefore suggest it go to Arkham Asylum for a few months so it can get the help it needs.

Looks cute. Fingers crossed it doesn't give me head trauma like SS did and Margot gets a proper re-introduction as Harley, she deserves it.

I wonder if they keep making these movies if Warner Bros. will let Harley explore her sexuality like they have done in the comics with Poison Ivy?

I feel like this Harley's independence would mean more in a film if we had seen this version of the character with the Joker for a while and then she breaks up with him. As it stands, them breaking up seems more like the studio going 'bye, Leto'. I'm behind a story of a woman's emancipation and independence but it just emotionally does not seem as impactful as it could be, given how little of that relationship we've seen on the big screen.

I agree breaking up with the Joker means nothing because we never really saw her relationship with the Joker