God of War (PS4): The Godfather

A place to discuss music and video games.
Oh my god there's a secret ending. Can they, like, start doing the sequel now? :judge:

I've been a long time God of War fan since the beginning. I can't think of one thing I don't love about this game. About 10 hours in and I can't stop thinking about this game when I'm not playing it. The care and attention that is put into all the different aspects of the game is awe-inspiring. It pretty much feels like and is the Zelda game I've always wanted.

EctoCooler31 wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 9:30 am
I've been a long time God of War fan since the beginning. I can't think of one thing I don't love about this game. About 10 hours in and I can't stop thinking about this game when I'm not playing it. The care and attention that is put into all the different aspects of the game is awe-inspiring. It pretty much feels like and is the Zelda game I've always wanted.
Breath of the Wild? But yeah, this is like BOTW with actual story cutscenes... wait, that’s underselling the acomplishments of both games. The no cut solution in GoW manages to be both unintrusive and satisfying when you think about it. And same thing, the game has been on my mind throughout the day and I just can’t wait to continue playing despite finishing the game. It manages to accomplish what many open world games have failed, make you believe in the game world and characters even when you’re doing the tiniest things. I didn’t want it to end so it just keeps giving you more... similar to BOTW actually.

I think its more like Ocarina of Time which I consider to be the best version of Zelda. While I appreciate BOTW I see a lot of things in it that I don't enjoy (combat, story, no sense of progression, shrines instead of dungeons.)

Everything that I felt BOTW is lacking is in God of War in spades. Which is always the issue with open world games for me. I much prefer linear games.

EctoCooler31 wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 10:23 am
I think its more like Ocarina of Time which I consider to be the best version of Zelda. While I appreciate BOTW I see a lot of things in it that I don't enjoy (combat, story, no sense of progression, shrines instead of dungeons.)

Everything that I felt BOTW is lacking is in God of War in spades. Which is always the issue with open world games for me. I much prefer linear games.
Ocarina is actually a much better example yes. Mixed with Resi 4.

I have played about 10 hours and I am the same, can't stop thinking about the game. What I love so far and this is one of my complaints with alot of RPGs and open world games is that most of the side quests are mainly fetch quests and don't really add to the world. But in this game so far all the favors add to the world building and give you some insight to the world and mythology. Just a masterpiece so far. Also the combat feels so satisfying.

Also love how the conversations between Kratos and Atreus call back to prior games without explicitly saying so, but for those of us who are familiar with prior games know why Kratos makes certain comments about the norse gods and gods in general. There is history but the kid doesn't know.

Bravo to this game :clap:

Ugh, you bastards. Why are you all loving this so much? Do I really need to fork over the money and buy this thing? I haven’t bought a video game in years. YEARS.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 7:09 pm
Ugh, you bastards. Why are you all loving this so much? Do I really need to fork over the money and buy this thing? I haven’t bought a video game in years. YEARS.
This is indeed one of those video games that's worth getting. Hands down.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 7:09 pm
DO IT.