Untitled Star Trek Sequel (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Can I wish for both this to happen and recently rumored Kill Bill Vol.3? Quentin literally talked to Uma last week.

we can all wish yes

Don't know why Tarantino likes Quinto's Spock. I've grown to rather dislike him in that role. Not an ounce of Nimoy's commanding presence is evident in his turn for that role. It's a mimicking shadow at best.

Then again I guess Tarantino has always been more of a Kirk person.

Quite cool for the current cast that Tarantino wants to make it with them and not recast the whole thing.

There's nothing wrong with Quinto's Spock imo.

m4st4 wrote:
July 23rd, 2019, 9:32 am
Can I wish for both this to happen and recently rumored Kill Bill Vol.3? Quentin literally talked to Uma last week.
What more is there to do with Kill Bill? It's a contained, complete story. Could a sequel be good? Yeah, but so could a sequel to Inception. Doesn't mean there should necessarily be one. I'm inclined to favor an original work over either Star Trek or Kill Bill 2. But if it came to those two, I'd side with Star Trek. I want to see what Tarantino would do with an established Hollywood franchise and with science fiction.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 12:34 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 23rd, 2019, 9:32 am
What more is there to do with Kill Bill? It's a contained, complete story. Could a sequel be good? Yeah, but so could a sequel to Inception. Doesn't mean there should necessarily be one. I'm inclined to favor an original work over either Star Trek or Kill Bill 2. But if it came to those two, I'd side with Star Trek. I want to see what Tarantino would do with an established Hollywood franchise and with science fiction.
Like he said back in the days when Kill Bill Volumes were playing, it would be an opposite revenge story, Bride would be in the position of Bill now and daughter (now woman) of one of the characters would be hunting her down. I believe it was Vivica A. Fox. Her daughter would play a crucial role as well. Not sure how much changed in his head but he literally spoke to Uma about it last week so perhaps he wants to close the ten movies circle with his muse.