First Reformed (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCF5Y8dQpR4
Reverend Ernst Toller (Ethan Hawke) is a solitary, middle-aged parish pastor at a small Dutch Reform church in upstate New York on the cusp of celebrating its 250th anniversary. Once a stop on the Underground Railroad, the church is now a tourist attraction catering to a dwindling congregation, eclipsed by its nearby parent church, Abundant Life, with its state-of-the-art facilities and 5,000-strong flock. When a pregnant parishioner (Amanda Seyfried) asks Reverend Toller to counsel her husband, a radical environmentalist, the clergyman finds himself plunged into his own tormented past, and equally despairing future, until he finds redemption in an act of grandiose violence. From writer-director Paul Schrader (Taxi Driver; American Gigolo; Affliction) comes a gripping thriller about a crisis of faith that is at once personal, political, and planetary.

Let me be the first to make a comment on this thread about this film, because the rest of the folks are busy talking Marvel, DC, Star Wars and Ready Player One. This is a great poster. The trailer, released yesterday, is also great. Looking forward to it.

This is terrific.

-Vader

well that looks well fuckin shot.

how does this connect to Infinity War tho?

Forum Pro
Law
So is no one gona post the trailer? Including me?

skip the trailer

see it in theaters

profit?

-Vader

Law wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 12:35 am
So is no one gona post the trailer? Including me?
This one? https://youtu.be/hCF5Y8dQpR4

Yeah, stopped watching midway, this is a day one purchase on blu-ray (if my distributor decides to skip it in cinema). Fearless shot symmetry and I love Hawke in form.

Reminder that Gattaca (1997) s a masterpiece.

Didn't like it. Some intriguing moments (the one inspired by Tarkovsky is a highlight), but feels like 3-4 movies put together. Too much telling over showing, and
what the fuck was that ending?
Silence is much better.

i think this just grabbed the #1 spot in my top 10 of the year for now wow this is good