The Matrix Trilogy

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sometimes 4K HDR allows for really nuanced control of light and color that can make CGI appear more photoreal. Other times, especially with, say, composite shots, it looks way more obvious.

I'm looking forward to this. I have a huge soft spot for Reloaded. The highway chase is easily one of the best action sequences ever.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 10:59 am
Sometimes 4K HDR allows for really nuanced control of light and color that can make CGI appear more photoreal. Other times, especially with, say, composite shots, it looks way more obvious.

I'm looking forward to this. I have a huge soft spot for Reloaded. The highway chase is easily one of the best action sequences ever.

-Vader
Yeah

Still rivals even recent chase scenes

Well all the non-CG heavy scenes will undoubtedly look much better than in 1080p. I also have a huge soft spot for Reloaded, it's so incredibly entertaining. Even after countless of rewatches

I only ever saw the first one. While it was a good film, I don't think I need to see the sequels, I'm good.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 1:27 am
I could see why he turned it down after the way it was pitched to him. He should do one on why he turned down Django Unchained.

bootsy wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 10:44 pm
I could see why he turned it down after the way it was pitched to him. He should do one on why he turned down Django Unchained.
Seems so damn obvious that The Wachowskis was probably forced to pitch it to Smith to give him the role since he was hot back then but probably wanted someone else so they pitch it badly on purpose hoping he won't take it. Or that Will Smith is just trying to be funny. If Brandon Lee was alive that could have gone to him but sadly...

LEXX wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 11:14 pm
bootsy wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 10:44 pm
Seems so damn obvious that The Wachowskis was probably forced to pitch it to Smith to give him the role since he was hot back then but probably wanted someone else so they pitch it badly on purpose hoping he won't take it. Or that Will Smith is just trying to be funny. If Brandon Lee was alive that could have gone to him but sadly...
Probably some exaggeration on Will's part. I'm sure there was more, I think. I also agree that the W's threw some junk at him hoping he wouldn't take it. Brandon Lee is pretty spot on.

How did they manage to give him something worse than Wild Wild West tho? Then again these are the people who wrote Jupiter Ascending. So I guess they always had the potential for that sort of thing.£

Master Virgo wrote:
February 15th, 2019, 5:59 am
How did they manage to give him something worse than Wild Wild West tho? Then again these are the people who wrote Jupiter Ascending. So I guess they always had the potential for that sort of thing.£
This probably has something to do with Will saying he didn't want to be the 'alien guy' and wanted to do something different. I'm thinking if the pitch was better/more descriptive (which it may have been but just going by Will's version) then he may have been convinced to be the 'alien guy' again.