Devs (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A pilot has been ordered on Alex Garland's new series for FX titled Devs.
In Devs, a young computer engineer, Lily, investigates the secretive development division of her employer, a cutting-edge tech company based in San Francisco, which she believes is behind the disappearance of her boyfriend.
Garland wrote the pilot and will direct it as well as executive produce alongside DNA TV and Scott Rudin Productions.

http://collider.com/alex-garland-tv-ser ... -synopsis/

From this interview: https://www.mandy.com/news/mission-impo ... -interview#
What are you currently working on and what plans do you have for the future?
I’m currently in prep on an eight-part show for FX written and directed by Alex Garland. It’s called Devs and takes place in San Fransisco. It’s a weird, trippy sci-fi thriller set in the tech community. I cant say much about it other than the scripts are incredible.

Garland my boyy

DEVS will have its big unveiling at New York Comic-Con on October 5th. A panel discussion with Garland, executive producer Allon Reich, and cast members Sonoya Mizuno, Jin Ha, Cailee Spaeny, Karl Glusman, and Alison Pill will offer an exclusive sneak peek at the series, and we can probably expect the first trailer to arrive at that time.

I haven't seen anything from Garland I haven't at least enjoyed thoroughly.

Garland is amazing

And Mizuno was a delight in Fuku My Naga Maniac

Garland is a genius. I can't wait

“I have had, in the past, huge battles — real screaming rows [over the final cut] — and with FX, it was completely the opposite,” Garland said. “I feel like everything I have learned up to this point I have put into the show. I couldn’t love it more.
This is my most anticipated thing of 2020 with Dune. Looks like Garland has an home run in store yet again.

Interestingly, he says he wants to make another miniseries (with the same cast) with FX and stay in TV after the stupid studio fights with his previous films

I love that Garland is doing TV now but I really hope he will return to film as well