A Quiet Place (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
So according to Chris Pratt, I'm seeing this tomorrow.

This movie still seems like it's just an excuse to throw in as many jump scares as possible into a horror film.

Bacon wrote:
April 8th, 2018, 12:52 am
This movie still seems like it's just an excuse to throw in as many jump scares as possible into a horror film.
Once you see the movie, you'll realise how much that statement is dead wrong.

This sort of feels like it should get NFometer treatment. Considering how well it's doing commercially and how many of our members are checking it out so early.£

Bacon wrote:
April 8th, 2018, 12:52 am
Well it's bound to happen when your movie is dealing with silence as a way of making it out alive. I'm definitely curious to see how they did it.

so I guess I have to see this huh

Really cool film. Jim as a director has a ton of potential and I’m super interested to see what he’ll do next (if he does). Felt really tense and the entire audience was dead silent throughout the entire film, I kid you not. The acting is great. Loved so many little details, like,
us getting to experience everything from the deaf daughter’s perspective - taking away all sound from us, seeing how the girl reads her family’s faces to understand something has happened, etc. Really enjoyed the characters too and how seemingly understated, yet genuine their whole dynamic and altercations seemed.
Some jump scares did feel a bit meh, but some were cool and overall I thought the horror was dealt without much nuisance.

It’s a really good movie imo. It’s a huge bait for “pLoT hOlEs!!!!” folks though lol.
Why would you ever want to have a kid in a post apocalyptic world though :crazy: :lol:

Can't wait, I have to wait until June :lol:

Forum Pro
Law
This was very good

So its estimated opening weekend domestically is $50M. That's insane.