The Many Saints of Newark (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In a new, authoritative book by Matt Zoller Seitz and Alan Sepinwall, the Sopranos creator David Chase appears to make an accidental confession on THE SERIES FINALE, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE SERIES...
Sepinwall: When you said there was an end point, you don’t mean Tony at Holsten’s, you just meant, “I think I have two more years’ worth of stories left in me.”
Chase: Yes, I think I had that death scene around two years before the end … Tony was going to get called to a meeting with Johnny Sack in Manhattan, and he was going to go back through the Lincoln Tunnel for this meeting, and it was going to go black there and you never saw him again as he was heading back, the theory being that something bad happens to him at the meeting. But we didn’t do that.
Seitz: You realize, of course, that you just referred to that as a death scene.
[A long pause follows]
Chase: Fuck you guys.

I mean... of course, but still neat. 🕷

Ace

Master Virgo wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:27 pm
That would be The Wire, my friend.£
This.
Sopranos is on that Mt. Rushmore though.

Ace

bootsy wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 11:33 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
This.
So two more heads? ...Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul? Hm. Too much power in the hands of Vince Gilligan.🕷

m4st4 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 1:38 pm
bootsy wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:
This.
So two more heads? ...Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul? Hm. Too much power in the hands of Vince Gilligan.🕷
Breaking Bad and the last one is tough for me. GoT, The Shield, Mad Men could all get that last spot.

bootsy wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:00 pm
m4st4 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 1:38 pm
bootsy wrote:

This.
Breaking Bad and the last one is tough for me. GoT, The Shield, Mad Men could all get that last spot.
Mad Men definitely. We've been blessed with so much good Television in our (prime) time.🕷

Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Office and the last one is a tough one to pick. I'm good with having these three as my top of all-time and still waiting for another one to join Mount Rushmore.

James Gandolfini's son, Michael Gandolfini will play a young Tony Soprano

Michael Gandolfini:
“It’s a profound honor to continue my dad’s legacy while stepping into the shoes of a young Tony Soprano,” Michael Gandolfini said in a statement. “I’m thrilled that I’m going to have the opportunity to work with David Chase and the incredible company of talent he has assembled for The Many Saints of Newark.

Forum Pro
Law
Nomis wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 6:53 am
James Gandolfini's son, Michael Gandolfini will play a young Tony Soprano

Michael Gandolfini:
“It’s a profound honor to continue my dad’s legacy while stepping into the shoes of a young Tony Soprano,” Michael Gandolfini said in a statement. “I’m thrilled that I’m going to have the opportunity to work with David Chase and the incredible company of talent he has assembled for The Many Saints of Newark.
That's the most "my manager wrote this" thing I've ever read