The Mandalorian (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

i feel like a consumerist sheep whenever i read a thread title with it's streaming service in it, as if it's /need to know/ information

ArmandFancypants wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 1:13 am
Vader182 wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 12:15 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 12:11 am
Good. Just as R1 and hopefully Solo contribute to bridging the gap between III and IV, hopefully they start working on linking up VI and VII.
yeah, although if I had a single thing I hate most about the ST it's the complete abstraction of galactic politics and context, and the blame falls on RJ equally as JJ and Kasdan. I really shouldn't have to go to the "EU" for this kind of material necessarily.

-Vader
Agreed, although I appreciated RJ making what is effectively a pointed and merciless criticism ROTJ in film form, but we still lack connective tissue, and one line of dialogue from Rey to try and redress what is "going on" still makes the ST era feel tiny
Return of the Jedi is better than The Last Jedi.

Nick Nolte Joins Pedro Pascal in 'The Mandalorian'
Veteran actor Nick Nolte has joined the cast of The Mandalorian, the live-action Star Wars series that will launch on Disney’s streaming Service, Disney+.

The known cast includes Pedro Pascal and Gina Carano. The series, which is already in production, is heavy on visual effects, costumes and makeup, which will allow actors to come and go as well as, in some cases, be cast later in the production process than usual.

Jon Favreau wrote the series and is executive producing along with Kathleen Kennedy, Colin Wilson and Dave Filoni. Filoni will also direct episodes, as will with Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa and Deborah Chow.

Character details are stuffed deep in the Sarlacc pit, but the company’s synopsis is thus: "After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic."

Ace
Lucasfilm is pleased to announce the cast of the first-ever Star Wars live-action series — The Mandalorian.

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

“We’re having a great time working with this incredibly talented group and excited for everyone to see what we’re up to,” says Executive Producer Jon Favreau.

Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

The highly-anticipated series will be exclusive to Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service, which is set to launch in the U.S. in late 2019.
https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-pas ... andalorian

That is a really great cast. Damn.

Finally getting the Herzog/Nolte/Weathers team up the kids have been asking for

Ace
LUDWIG GÖRANSSON TO COMPOSE SCORE FOR THE MANDALORIAN
https://www.starwars.com/news/ludwig-go ... andalorian
Göransson has composed memorable soundtracks for some of the biggest and most lauded movies in recent memory, including Black Panther (for which he has earned Golden Globe Award and Grammy nominations), Creed, Creed II, Venom, and Fruitvale Station. In the realm of television, his credits include the beloved Community and New Girl. Göransson has produced records for Haim and Chance The Rapper, and he recently received three Grammy nominations for his work with Donald Glover (who should be familiar to Star Wars fans as the young Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story) on the latest Childish Gambino album.

“Words fail to express how surreal and humbling it feels to be invited into the Star Wars universe,” Göransson said. “I am deeply grateful to Jon Favreau and Disney for this opportunity and to John Williams for raising the bar so high with his iconic, intrepid scores — they will never be matched. In these next months I hope to honor the tradition of Star Wars’ musical landscape while propelling The Mandalorian into new and unchartered territory. And I will try to remember that there is no try.”

Ludwig's having a fantastic past few years. Wow

Ace