Jurassic World: Dominion (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Universal has announced that World co-writer and director Colin Trevorrow will be back, though as with Fallen Kingdom, currently only on script duty. Emily Carmichael, who has had several high profile projects in development (and worked on Pacific Rim Uprising) will co-write the new script with Trevorrow, working from a story he brainstormed with regular writing partner Derek Connolly. "It’s important to this franchise that we welcome new creative voices to keep our storytelling fresh and alive,” says Trevorrow. "I’m thrilled with the tension and beauty J.A. (Bayona, who has directed the second movie) has brought to Fallen Kingdom, and I know Emily will add another layer of emotion to the concluding chapter of our trilogy."

No director has been confirmed for the new movie yet, nor is anyone saying whether it'll again feature Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt as key humans Claire and Owen, but they're likely bets. And that's an interesting final line from Trevorrow – concluding chapter? Of this trilogy, for sure, but you just know the studio and producers (which also include Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall), will be looking to keep the dino train going even beyond this one.

Can't say I'm surprised.

i'm letting everyone know i'm not very interested

Ohhhh, so this must be the one they finally put effort into, right?

I have found it rather presumptuous of studio executives to greenlight films before the film that is actually coming out soon has been successful or not. You put all your effort into the film you are currently making to make it the best film possible, hence my aversion to a lot of the implications of the MCU as it exists today.

Batfan175 wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 4:12 am
I have found it rather presumptuous of studio executives to greenlight films before the film that is actually coming out soon has been successful or not. You put all your effort into the film you are currently making to make it the best film possible, hence my aversion to a lot of the implications of the MCU as it exists today.
You realize that the entirety of JW2 team has no say, or interest, in Part III while they’re busy making Part II right? It’s entirely a business, higher-ups’ decision.

Your anti-corporate recycled bullshit is well known, meticulously documented... and unfortunately true for the better part. But do you have to continuously recycle it? You could write an essay about the issue and just be done with it.

m4st4 wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 4:58 am
Batfan175 wrote:
You realize that the entirety of JW2 team has no say, or interest, in Part III while they’re busy making Part II right? It’s entirely a business, higher-ups’ decision.

Your anti-corporate recycled bullshit is well known, meticulously documented... and unfortunately true for the better part. But do you have to continuously recycle it? You could write an essay about the issue and just be done with it.
I could do that and people could then discuss that essay for 5 minutes and then forget about it in some abandoned corner of the website/forum or I could just bring up my issues continuously and hence contribute to keeping the debate alive.

But nobody here appreciates it after 1000 times, so what is the point?

Find me one person who honestly wants to hear the same thing over and over again. One honest person.

Batfan175 wrote:
Normally I'd agree but when your first movie makes 1.5 billion dollars, even if the second one makes half of that, it'll be a financial success.

tpb
Last edited by Master Virgo on February 22nd, 2018, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.