Wonka (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Paul King, the director behind the wonderful, whimsical Paddington films, is in talks for a new Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory remake…or reboot, or “re-imagining,” or whatever the heck you want to call it. Roald Dahl’s classic children’s book has, of course, been previously adapted into two films. The first was the 1971 flick Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, directed by Mel Stuart and starring the late, great Gene Wilder in one of the most iconic performances of his career. Tim Burton then set about adapting the same material with 2005’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, starring Johnny Depp as an extremely strange Wonka.

The new Willy Wonka is described as a “reimagining” that will hopefully lead to a franchise (of course). The script comes from Saturday Night Live writer Simon Rich. THR reports the story is being kept under wraps at the moment, but in the past, it was reported that Warner Bros. was hoping to make a Willy Wonka origin story. Producer David Heyman told /Film:

“It’s not a remake. They’ve done two films, quite different. But it’s possibly an origin story. We’re just in the early stages of it, working with a writer called Simon Rich, which is wonderful…I think there’s a lot in his character that suggests who he is and also where he might come from or what his childhood or his middle age might have been like. So we’re exploring that. We’re discussing it. We’re in the very early stages and very excited about what lies ahead.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/willy-wonka-remake/

BlairCo wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 8:18 am
For the reasons stated above?

And it's from the guy behind the Paddington films.

In.

Creatively bankrupt Hollywood is.

Wonka Cinematic Universe

Do not want

Paul King? In by default.£

Bacon wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 12:16 pm
Do not want

Burton’s version is great and my favorite simply because it’s the first one I’ve seen.

Come at me.

Nothing beats Wilder.

Burtons is a bunch of cringe-inducing nonsense.