Beautiful Boy (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Chalamet and Carell are such gems.

There were some narrative issues that left me dissatisfied, but overall, I was won over.

It's an actor's showcase for Chamalet and Carell, and they don't disappoint. I expect both to be nominated, especially Carell.

I think it gets a bit preachy at times, but I also think the film's depiction of drug abuse is pretty damn accurate. I found that a lot of the film resonated with me. Perhaps it's due to personal experience, but it worked for me.

Numbers wrote:
September 8th, 2018, 7:58 pm
There were some narrative issues that left me dissatisfied, but overall, I was won over.

It's an actor's showcase for Chamalet and Carell, and they don't disappoint. I expect both to be nominated, especially Carell.

I think it gets a bit preachy at times, but I also think the film's depiction of drug abuse is pretty damn accurate. I found that a lot of the film resonated with me. Perhaps it's due to personal experience, but it worked for me.
:thumbup: Thanks for the short review,Numbers.
Looking forward to this when it finally comes to the UK.

Sampha recorded an incredible original song for this.

It's not getting the acclaim I think Amazon wants it to, but I'm interested in seeing this.

I'll definitely see this in theatre. It'll be released November 29th in my country.

Anybody else seen this? Carell and Chalamet are great in this.

I saw this! The acting was great! I was really invested in the characters and you really felt for everyone. Chalamet is so great!

fitting title

Artemis wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 12:48 pm
I saw this! The acting was great! I was really invested in the characters and you really felt for everyone. Chalamet is so great!
ikr? They both deserve Oscar Nominations. I must say I have some doubts they're both going to get the nominations. The race is shaping up to be quite something, same goes for the Best Actress race.