The King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
trailer looks goood

can't wait

So

This was amazing, all around

Chalamet commands the screen. Edgerton was great as Falstaff, Pattinson is a pure delight and the score is beautiful all throughout the film. I love how solemn this take was, Michôd has a clear vision and never leaves track. The story is great of course, and the kick at the end seals the deal. I loved it.
Lily-Rose Depp was impressive, although she has a very small but vital part in the film.

Forum Pro
Law
As stated above, this was quite the film. Chalamet, Edgerton, Harris, and Depp (as little her screen time was), carried this film. The score and the direction, elevated this film. I wish the theater picked this up because it reminded me of the first time I saw There Will Be Blood on the big screen. The battle scenes, much like Outlaw King were extremely gruesome and I imagine quite realistic to the time. Chalamet's speech to his soldiers before the battle was hugely poetic and epic. Also, as much as people are making fun of Pattinson (in a good way), I don't see the humor in his characters intentions. Although it may be there, I found his childish like behavior to be a sign of weakness.
which in the end it was
Anyway, I loved the ending scenes. As a King, you can't let anyone betray you without repercussion.

I wish I could've seen this in theater tho. On the biggest possible screen lol

I loved how focused it was, very much through the eyes of Hal. Mendelsohn was quite the presence too.

As for the ending
that dialogue scene with Lily-Rose, which started very formal and quickly turned honest. They are both great actors, I hope Lily-Rose will star in more films. She's definitely very talented too.

Forum Pro
Law

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the shakespeare is better

though this has enough melodrama, brooding timmy, and sexy production design to make it worth a watch

Feeble as drama, woeful as history, misguided as adaptation. I'm really staggered by the arrogance of some choices that are distinctly less dramatic. Not only than Shakespeare, but history as well, particularly the fate of Thomas, the Duke of Clarence.

In spite of all this it's OK! A good allegory and the filmmaking on display is impressive. It feels immersive in new ways which is exciting, which gives it value that bloody Outlaw King lacked for.

i dug that the fighting turned into primal brawls after .05 seconds - like, i've seen enough sexy medieval fighting give me the rEaLIsm

sToP tHe FuCkInG cHaRaDe!

Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 5:11 pm
i dug that the fighting turned into primal brawls after .05 seconds - like, i've seen enough sexy medieval fighting give me the rEaLIsm
It's not quite as good as Branagh's Kurosawa-infused Agincourt, but it is probably closest anyone has come to putting us there, in the battle itself. Before they ruin it with the Dauphin bit, that is.

Lololololol at Shrewsbury tho