Untitled Star Wars Film (2025)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Never seen Brick but I love 25th Hour. I sometimes feel like it is Lee's best film. Go back and forth between that and DTRT. Brick would have to be really good for it to be better than 25th Hour.

The finale was full of some of D&Ds best dialogue of all time, so, fuck the haters. If they can match that in the world of Star Wars? I'm hyped.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 5:16 pm
The finale was full of some of D&Ds best dialogue of all time, so, fuck the haters. If they can match that in the world of Star Wars? I'm hyped.

-Vader
Yep. Super excited. And wasn’t there direction pretty amazing? Some truly stunning shots and that end montage. I wouldn’t mind them directing the first of their series.

D&D seemed to have lovely visual flourishes and striking imagery...unless they didn't.

While the opening chapter is mostly terrific, the middle 45 minutes of this episode was bland. it was all slow-pans, often lingering on people walking from place to place, and I think it hurt the pacing of the middle section considerably. until the final 15-20 hit and they had nice visual ideas (sometimes) again.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 5:47 pm
Vader182 wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 5:16 pm

-Vader
Yep. Super excited. And wasn’t there direction pretty amazing? Some truly stunning shots and that end montage. I wouldn’t mind them directing the first of their series.
They handled the CGI dragon really well, so they could be great at handling the various creatures of SW, but they haven't directed big action sequences yet, and I can't imagine the film not having a big final battle. Of course, this just means that we don't know how they'd handle it, not that they'd handle it poorly.
I especially loved in this last episode
in the killing scene, the two-three seconds where I was like "who killed who?", like at the end of Once upon a time in the west.

Vader182 wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 6:04 pm
D&D seemed to have lovely visual flourishes and striking imagery...unless they didn't.

While the opening chapter is mostly terrific, the middle 45 minutes of this episode was bland. it was all slow-pans, often lingering on people walking from place to place, and I think it hurt the pacing of the middle section considerably. until the final 15-20 hit and they had nice visual ideas (sometimes) again.

-Vader
I was mainly referring to the opening and ending when I was very impressed and the Jon/Dany scene. The rest was nothing special I more or less agree.

Sources say the Thrones pair is writing a treatment for a Star Wars trilogy and is committed to penning at least one of the films (the original deal was to write all three). It’s unclear if the duo, who also have another feature for Fox/Disney carved out, will do more than just write for Star Wars.
source

‘Star Wars’ Setback: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Duo David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Exit Trilogy
EXCLUSIVE: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the duo who in 2011 launched the singular screen sensation known as Game of Thrones, have walked away from their much-publicized deal with Disney’s Lucasfilm to launch a feature film trilogy in 2022.

Benioff and Weiss were supposed to usher in the post-Skywalkera era of the Star Wars brand with a 2022 new-start story that would stake out a new frontier for the era-defining cinema brand created by George Lucas. The Emmy-winning pair cited their historic deal with Netflix. They said their enthusiasm for Star Wars remains boundless but, regrettably, their schedule is full up.

“We love Star Wars,” the pair said in a statement to Deadline. “When George Lucas built it, he built us too. Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything.”

“There are only so many hours in the day, and we felt we could not do justice to both Star Wars and our Netflix projects,” the GOT pair said in a statement to Deadline. “So we are regretfully stepping away.”

I'm shocked.

The article does not really mention whether the film is still going ahead with different writers or not. I would not be surprised if Rian Johnson's movie fills that 2022 slot.