Untitled Star Wars Film (2025)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Feel a bit torn about this. On one hand I already feel the Star Wars exhaustion but on the other hand, having Rian making a whole new trilogy and as it looks like B&W too does make me interested. But only because they are the ones making them and I think all Rian needs is a clean slate and I think that can work in B&W's benefit as well. The Episodes feel worn out to me, even though I do appreciate Rian's work on TLJ, I just have got no faith in JJ making a great film without copying all what we've seen before. And I also got no more faith in the spin offs, Rogue One was bad and the whole Solo fiasco and judging by the footage they've released that's going to be more of the same and nothing special.

Guess I'm just afraid Rian and B&W's vision will be compromised by Kennedy...

Oku
Mr. Benioff's novel City of Thieves is really good!

Benioff was a writer on 25th Hour and the Kite Runner, which I hear good things about (I have not seen them yet) but he also has a writing credit for Troy and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which are not good. And on Game of Thrones D.B. Weiss and David Benioff have great days and terrible days when it comes to the quality of their writing.

So I feel like I cannot agree with people who say that they are the best writers ever (because I too can find faults with some of the writing on Game of Thrones). Neither can I agree with the people who say that they are the worst writers ever and that they 'ruined' Martin's books. They have actually managed to create some really big and iconic tv moments by themselves by either adapting pre-existing material for the first 4 seasons (Baelor, Blackwater, Rains of Castamere, Mountain and the Viper) or by creating their own during the latest 3 seasons (Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards, The Winds of Winter, Spoils of War).

What happened to the Rian Johnson trilogy then?

The timing of this is hilarious.

-Vader

Please bring Sapochnik, please bring Sapochnik, please bring Sapochnik....

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 11:40 am
Wait, I thought they would work together on that? As in, Johnson co-writing with Benioff and Weiss with Johnson directing?

If not, then I really hope Sapochnik will direct. He's the most talented director to work on Game of Thrones imo.

Nomis wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 2:08 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 11:40 am
Wait, I thought they would work together on that? As in, Johnson co-writing with Benioff and Weiss with Johnson directing?

If not, then I really hope Sapochnik will direct. He's the most talented director to work on Game of Thrones imo.
I always thought he would write and direct the first film at least by himself. A lot of tweets are saying that his trilogy is cancelled.