Doctor Sleep (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 4:44 pm
For a movie that really wants to be linked to The SHining it has some terrible cinematography and lighting. Disappointed.
That's what I thought too. Looks so dull, generic and ugly graded.

I can't believe that scene from Ready Player One got its own spin off movie.

I hope WB is simply selling the movie on the fact that it's a sequel to The Shining and the movie is its own thing entirely.

LelekPL wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 4:44 pm
For a movie that really wants to be linked to The SHining it has some terrible cinematography and lighting. Disappointed.
Yeah, I was thinking something more in the vein of You Were Never Really Here. Even the character. Never read the book, but I thought he would be more messed up and disturbed.

BlairCo wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 8:12 pm
I hope WB is simply selling the movie on the fact that it's a sequel to The Shining and the movie is its own thing entirely.
No, it actually takes scenes from the original.

It’s as much a sequel as 2010 was to 2001, but 2010 was actually good.

Loved the book but that teaser was literally like Hangover using shots of Michelangelo and Leonardo to look better. Of course it was a counter-effect instead. Big dislike.

This is like the opposite of the It trailers, sadly even the cinematography looks like butt.

Decided to watch the trailer. I'm not very fond of it. The cinematography looks pretty unappealing and the footage doesn't spark my interest, at all. I really like McGregor and Ferguson so I have my hopes on them.

I mean, they could have at least tried to make the old movie look more like the new or vice versa.

It looked like one of those fan mashup trailers lol.