Doctor Sleep (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 4:16 pm
‘Doctor Sleep’ Taps ‘Westworld’s’ Zahn McClarnon to Play Crow Daddy
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/shin ... 91803/amp/
Zahn McClarnon is in talks to join Ewan McGregor and Rebecca Ferguson in Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the Stephen King novel “Doctor Sleep,” the sequel to the horror classic “The Shining.”

McClarnon is coming off his breakout role as Akecheta, the Native American host in HBO’s “Westworld,” and has been on the radar of several execs following the season finale.

Warner Bros is setting Carl Lumbly to play Dick Halloran and Alex Essoe to play Wendy Torrance in Doctor Sleep, the continuation of the storyline from The Shining. Those are the roles that Scatman Crothers and Shelley Duvall played in the Stanley Kubrick-directed original.
McClarnon was so fucking good in westworld

Will be Rated-R

Flanagan:
out of nothing but love for the Kubrick family and for the original novel. When I read Doctor Sleep, when it was first published, I was so taken with getting to spend time with Danny Torrance again. It touches on themes that are the most attractive to me, which are childhood trauma leading into adulthood, addiction, the breakdown of a family, and the after effects, decades later. It really speaks to a lot of my favorite stuff, so I was really, really fascinated by the possibility of being able to play in that world. It’s one of the most intimidating projects that I’ve ever done though, just because we’re standing in the shadow of Stanley Kubrick, which could have been Jesus. That’s a daunting thing. But the only way to get through it is to say, ‘I’m not Kubrick. I’m never gonna be, and I’m not trying to be.’ I’m gonna make my movie and see how people feel. I’ll just turn off the internet for two weeks, when the movie comes out, and everything will be fine.

Adding this to my most anticipated of the year.

Flanagan really knocked it out of the park with Gerald's Game & Haunting of Hill House recently and he just said this film is something special.

The book is a mess, but a crazy entertaining one

I should read The Shining and Doctor Sleep before this comes out.

Ace
Trailer later today

nice poster