Lone Ranger (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thx for that ! It's a really nice piece, fact is today, critics are noxious, like Fincher says, movies live or die by word of mouth, and critics can kill a movie or make it. When you see people deciding whether or not (not aiming at anyone) to see a movie depending on the RT score, that's a real problem. All the exposure with clips, featurettes, etc too, I wish they'd stop that because I know for myself that I just can't help myself and I'll just consume every piece of footage available, been a while since I went to see a movie without knowing anything about it, must be a nice feeling.

Jax_Teller wrote:Thx for that ! It's a really nice piece, fact is today, critics are noxious, like Fincher says, movies live or die by word of mouth, and critics can kill a movie or make it. When you see people deciding whether or not (not aiming at anyone) to see a movie depending on the RT score, that's a real problem. All the exposure with clips, featurettes, etc too, I wish they'd stop that because I know for myself that I just can't help myself and I'll just consume every piece of footage available, been a while since I went to see a movie without knowing anything about it, must be a nice feeling.
I agree.

Critic's don't have near the sway people like to pretend they do. A quick glance at the highest earners of 2013 shows this plainly. That being said, I don't disagree with Fincher.

Some movies can do well with critic reviews prior to release to help create buzz. Most dumbass conventional moviegoers don't care either way though.

If one of Spielberg's films (Like Raiders or Close Encounters) were released today, same story, same characters, the only difference being up-to-date visual effects, would it have a good reaction at least?

BlairCo wrote:If one of Spielberg's films (Like Raiders or Close Encounters) were released today, same story, same characters, the only difference being up-to-date visual effects, would it have a good reaction at least?
No because everyone got progressively stupid.

FreakLikeMe wrote:
BlairCo wrote:If one of Spielberg's films (Like Raiders or Close Encounters) were released today, same story, same characters, the only difference being up-to-date visual effects, would it have a good reaction at least?
No because everyone got progressively stupid.
:clap: This man speaks the truth.