The Wolverine (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MW715 wrote:Enlighten me... Why do we seem to believe this'll be any better than Origins? :eh:

because they are using a way more interesting story? they have said that it's a stand alone film that has nothing to do with origins? the person who wrote the script? the fact that Aronofsky was going to direct it?

talli wrote:
MW715 wrote:Enlighten me... Why do we seem to believe this'll be any better than Origins? :eh:

because they are using a way more interesting story? they have said that it's a stand alone film that has nothing to do with origins? the person who wrote the script? the fact that Aronofsky was going to direct it?
Haven't seen a drop of good writing is superhero films in the past three years. I hope you're right, if I have to sit through one more Transformers or Iron Man 2 then I think I'll have to perform hara kiri. :roll:

This is supposed to shoot soon and no cast announcements WTF. :neutral:

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:Ken Watatanbe rumored for this film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1430132/
He should either be in this or be The Mandarin in Iron Man 3.
I thought the terrorist in the first movie would become Mandarin. :eh:

allstarr55js wrote:Ken Watatanbe rumored for this film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1430132/
let hope that does stay as rumour. Imbd is useless, i love how they kept fumbling on tdkr casting rumours.

ammyspears wrote: This movie was great.
OK Doc, gimme the f***ing Delorean.

The shoot is now pushed back to 2012.
EXCLUSIVE: The studio says it never officially has given the sequel a production state date. Fox was looking at a Fall 2011 start date for the Christopher McQuarrie script for Wolverine 2 starring Hugh Jackman and directed by James Mangold. But now that may push back to Spring 2012. The screenplay mostly takes place in Japan. But studio insiders tell us it’s hard finding just where to shoot in Japan these days because of weather-related considerations.

Now the location might switch to Canada or become a combination of the two countries. But we’re also hearing that the start date will wait until after Jackman finishes making Les Miserables. There’s no question that 20th Century Fox wants the pic badly and has been trying to get its sequel to the X-Men spinoff The Wolverine rolling for quite awhile now.

In June it landed director Mangold after Darren Aronofsky bowed out in March, ending one of the most competitive contests among Hollywood helmers for a major studio film. That set up the studio thinking that it could begin production in the fall.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/wolveri ... tart-date/

If this script was so genius then why hire a new writer to rewrite it? :think: :think: