Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
mastervirgo wrote:Box Office

36 mil in the first weekend for a movie with 160 mil production budget almost puts this movie as one of the disappointments of the year. I said almost because there is still a little hope for foreign gross.
Wow, that's really disappointing for Jon.

mastervirgo wrote:Box Office

36 mil in the first weekend for a movie with 160 mil production budget almost puts this movie as one of the disappointments of the year. I said almost because there is still a little hope for foreign gross.
in portugal its only debuting in 25 august so only in a wile we will get the total gross

Daniel Craig does indeed have range folks.

talli sinks

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Daniel Craig does indeed have range folks.

talli sinks
:lol: Proof?

I just went and saw this movie today...I have to say that I actually enjoyed it. Not a great film but it is a fun and entertaining movie. Just what I was wanting to see.

I almost kinda wish this whole film had been a straight up western w/ these same actors/characters.

Syncopy54 wrote:I almost kinda wish this whole film had been a straight up western w/ these same actors/characters.
I don't. The aliens added an interesting element to a familiar story with a familiar atmosphere that made the film more entertaining and less redundant, at least somewhat.

Didn't care for this movie at all. Thought Olivia Wilde's character was...weird.

As expected it's another boring fluff piece from jon blandau. Falls in line with the rest of the summer. Some decent stuff but for the most part just trash. I can honestly say Captain America and Harry Potter (!) was the only fun movies for me this summer.
@sammyjankis88

After finally seeing it...I will never watch a Jon Favreau movie again. He does not manage to pull out true character from the characters in his movies. Craig was a badass, but the rest? Olivia and Harrison felt just SO out of place in the whole thing.