J. Edgar (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Allstar wrote:BR Rip is online. Check out the brilliance of Leonardo DiCaprio!
+1
what's your time record of switching between accounts?

prince0gotham wrote:what's your time record of switching between accounts?
HUH?

Think.

prince0gotham wrote:Think.
Wut?

jesus i'm refering to people joking that you and allstar are the same person

prince0gotham wrote:jesus i'm refering to people joking that you and allstar are the same person
But it's true.

Teslashelby wrote:When I first heard about this I was looking forward mostly because I'm a great admirer of Leo but the ? hanging over it was Eastwood, with the exception of The Unforgiven I've found everything I've seen after that not to blow me away.

I haven't seen all the films he's directed after that but Mystic River was the last and despite some great performances I found somewhat underwhelming since then I haven't felt that fussed with any of his films, Million Dollar Baby just doesn't appeal and anything subsequently just didn't peak my interest.

From what I've heard Leo acts his socks off but isn't given much a script and Eastwood is clearly the wrong man for this kind of film, it seems the likes of Stone or DiCaprio's usual director Marty S would have been the ticket but to me Eastwood just isn't that great a film maker and Unforgiven seems somewhat of a rather incredible fluke, if not what happened to the man that made it?

J Edgar Hoover as always seemed a real gem of figure to have a film made about but from what has been said, this is not that interesting or compelling take on that man.
Eastwood just isn't that great a film maker and Unforgiven seems somewhat of a rather incredible fluke

I think you have lost your mind there, Pal :lol:

tykjen wrote:Image
Damn... Hoover. :modesty:

I feel like revisiting this performance soon