J. Edgar (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Back Stage: Have you ever taken acting classes or worked with a coach?

DiCaprio: I took junior high and high school drama class. From a young age, I read a lot of books about the Meisner technique and Stanislavsky. But I never reconnected with it until I got to start working with Larry Moss in my 20s. Larry's class is an amazing one. He takes it from a psychological level of conquering your own fears and fighting your inhibitions and taking chances. We all have these emotions we carry around within us, but to be able to release them as an actor is fundamental. Acting and psychology are two sides of the same coin for him.

Back Stage: What was the first film you worked with him on, and do you still work with him?

DiCaprio: "The Aviator." And I consult with him all the time. If it's not a series of meetings, I always consult with him before every movie, just to bat around different character ideas and talk about the creation of what kind of decisions I want to make as an actor. It's incredibly beneficial to have that bouncing board and somebody to challenge you artistically like that.

Big congrats to Leo on his Golden Globe nom. Hardest working actor I've ever met.
Dustin Lance Black

Blu-Ray February 21st.

Allstar will have it pre-ordered by tonight.

CaliKid329 wrote:Image
lol

Authorities say Hollywood actor Armie Hammer was arrested at a border patrol checkpoint in West Texas after a drug sniffing dog discovered marijuana in his car.

The 25-year-old, who starred with Leonardo DiCaprio in "J. Edgar," spent about a day in jail before paying a $1,000 bond.

Arrest records show he had 0.02 ounces of marijuana, three medicinal marijuana cookies and one brownie when arrested Nov. 30 in Sierra Blanca, a few miles from the Mexican border.

El Paso's district attorney declined to prosecute because a felony requires more than 4 ounces of actual marijuana. The county attorney could pursue lesser charges since the case is going back to the local sheriff, but Hammer's lawyer Kent Schaffer says no charges have been presented.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66 ... z1kVu6pP8m

GothamGirl wrote:
Authorities say Hollywood actor Armie Hammer was arrested at a border patrol checkpoint in West Texas after a drug sniffing dog discovered marijuana in his car.

The 25-year-old, who starred with Leonardo DiCaprio in "J. Edgar," spent about a day in jail before paying a $1,000 bond.

Arrest records show he had 0.02 ounces of marijuana, three medicinal marijuana cookies and one brownie when arrested Nov. 30 in Sierra Blanca, a few miles from the Mexican border.

El Paso's district attorney declined to prosecute because a felony requires more than 4 ounces of actual marijuana. The county attorney could pursue lesser charges since the case is going back to the local sheriff, but Hammer's lawyer Kent Schaffer says no charges have been presented.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66 ... z1kVu6pP8m

Ewww snooki...But really, damn! Armie be partyin'

When I first heard about this I was looking forward mostly because I'm a great admirer of Leo but the ? hanging over it was Eastwood, with the exception of The Unforgiven I've found everything I've seen after that not to blow me away.

I haven't seen all the films he's directed after that but Mystic River was the last and despite some great performances I found somewhat underwhelming since then I haven't felt that fussed with any of his films, Million Dollar Baby just doesn't appeal and anything subsequently just didn't peak my interest.

From what I've heard Leo acts his socks off but isn't given much a script and Eastwood is clearly the wrong man for this kind of film, it seems the likes of Stone or DiCaprio's usual director Marty S would have been the ticket but to me Eastwood just isn't that great a film maker and Unforgiven seems somewhat of a rather incredible fluke, if not what happened to the man that made it?

J Edgar Hoover as always seemed a real gem of figure to have a film made about but from what has been said, this is not that interesting or compelling take on that man.

BR Rip is online. Check out the brilliance of Leonardo DiCaprio!

Allstar wrote:BR Rip is online. Check out the brilliance of Leonardo DiCaprio!
+1