Top Ten Movies of 2018

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 7:24 am
hey I guess I can scrap like half of my list then.
Yeah exactly. Just throw my list out then causes I'm from America.

You're the one who always argues for this Ruth. Lol.£

fun fact: this is scientifically the furthest possible point you can travel from meaningful film discussion

Sure, but Teddy asked a question, everyone gave their answers and I gave mine. I just have this habit of trying to find a way to have a meaningful discussion about the points, that I make. Instead of you know, going around whining with weird immature one sentence comments.£

Master Virgo wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 12:21 pm
You're the one who always argues for this Ruth. Lol.£
What did that mean? I’m not from America, and while 2018 has been surprisingly okay for me in terms of getting releases around the same time as the majority of others on here, any other year I couldn’t have made a list mostly because I always had to wait for shit to release months after everyone’s already seen those films. So like... do I treat like 7-8 out of 9 last year’s best picture nominees as 2018 films purely because they never got released where I live in 2017?

or do I do what I’ve been doing for years and try to use common sense?

No, I'm saying, that you are the one who normally points out that, release dates in the countries of origin, are what matter. But nvm, solo is right. This discussion has been dragged a bit too longer than it should have been.£

Master Virgo wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 3:16 pm
No, I'm saying, that you are the one who normally points out that, release dates in the countries of origin, are what matter. But nvm, solo is right. This discussion has been dragged a bit too longer than it should have been.£
Well yeah.. that was my point, and I should’ve clarified it better in my first post. The post about me needing to scrap movies from my favorites list was more in response to Vader’s idea of always going by the release date of your (not the origin) country.

Not to start another fire though, but I do think YWNRH is a 2018 film lol. But yeah, I’m done here.

I can't wait to read this discussion again in the 2019 thread.

YWNRH was released in the U.K in 2018 though (and U.S). So it’s a 2018 film no? Lol.

Gaspar Noe’s Climax would be a 2018 film too? I know it’s dropping in the U.S in March.

I live in Canada, and movies like Destroyer, Vice came out in January. Obviously they were released in 2018 first, in their country of origin, so that’s that.

So I basically watched everything I really wanted to from last year by now and here's the top 20 I came up with.

Full list: https://letterboxd.com/lelekpl/list/films-of-2018/

A solid year all around with the top 4 being so even that they're basically interchangeable. However, nothing really blew me away this year as opposed to last year's Logan, Inside Out two years ago or Interstellar before that.