Top Ten Movies of 2018

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Durden wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 11:05 pm
First man not in you’re top25 Vader?
it's not. I wanted to, but i didn't really connect with it. there's no movie from last year I want to revisit more than FM since I think my opinion on it may change the most.

i felt it got kinda lost between its avant garde leanings and its duties as biopic. Jackie felt like a smoother landing of a similar idea.

-Vader

The only movies from Vader's top 25 that I have seen are Black Panther, Spider-Verse and Infinity War. I'm garbage poorly disguised as a human being.

Numbers wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:30 pm

Need to see: Mandy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, Mary Queen of Scots, Vice, The Hate U Give, The Tale, The Rider

Crazy year. I've had more than 60 theater visits in total, three times more than I've ever done before. Also I'm proud of myself for having seen so many foreign-language films. Usually I just ignored those.

11-50:
I'll try and watch Vice, Green Book and Can You Ever Forgive Me? before the Oscars, other than that I think I'm done for the year.

I can't remember the last time I had so many movies ending up in my favorites list:

Golden Exits
The Tale
Eighth Grade
I Am Not A Witch
Who We Are Now
Minding The Gap
Let The Sunshine In
The Kindergarten Teacher
The Day After
The Party

11 - 25:
The Old Man & The Gun
Zama
Shirkers
Madeline's Madeline
First Reformed
Support The Girls
Western
Leave No Trace
Lean On Pete
The Death Of Stalin

The Sisters Brothers
A Fantastic Woman
Widows
The Other Side Of The Wind
Sweet Country

Really need to see Vox Lux. Where is that motherfucker at?

Other movies I need to watch before making a final list: At Eternity’s Gate, If Beale Street Could Talk, Upgrade, Eighth Grade, The Sisters Brothers, Burning, Destroyer, The Night Comes For Us, BlackkKlansman, Everybody Knows.

Probably knock em out in the next couple of weeks.

Keep going back and forth between The Favourite and Suspiria for my #1 of the year.

I've seen it on some lists, but I want to clarify; we can count THE DEATH OF STALIN as 2018 ya?

TeddyBlass wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 12:34 pm
I've seen it on some lists, but I want to clarify; we can count THE DEATH OF STALIN as 2018 ya?
I think so yes. Released in March/April here and many countries.🕷️

The film was released in its country of origin first in 2017. It is by definition a 2017 movie. Same as Paddington 2 and You Were Never Really Here.£

Master Virgo wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 2:24 pm
The film was released in its country of origin first in 2017. It is by definition a 2017 movie. Same as Paddington 2 and You Were Never Really Here.£