Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
^ It’s amazing. :clap: I’ve been playing all day long and my eyes are burning up because of Zelda. Mario is great too.

Moments of triumph in Breath of the Wild...

Nintendo Switch:

I got this thing for Christmas, and boy is it nice. Save for the dock and kickstand, it feels very premium and expensive. The joy cons are a joy to use, and it just... works. Playing around with it, the only comparison I can draw in my head is to a (good) Apple product. It's intuitive, satisfying to use/hold, and works exactly how it should. And the "HD rumble" thing is awesome; I loved it on my iPhone, and I love it on the Switch. More companies to put in these big, accurate, haptic engines.

Mario Odyssey is among the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in a long time. Breath of the Wild (which I only played on the Wii U) is incredible, but this is sheer perfection.

Anyone have a glass screen protector to recommend? The screen on this thing is plastic, obviously - and, I'm trying to keep it relatively scratch free.

It’s nice to have PS4, for my Overwatch fix, and obviously all of the triple A extravaganza, but man Switch on-the-go is a dream console since I mostly play it that way. And all of the top games are amazingly polished, pure fun.

m4st4 wrote:It’s nice to have PS4, for my Overwatch fix, and obviously all of the triple A extravaganza, but man Switch on-the-go is a dream console since I mostly play it that way. And all of the top games are amazingly polished, pure fun.
Yeah. It's never going to be a Sony/Microsoft replacement, but as a supplement, I couldn't ask for anything better from Ninty.

Fingers crossed Metroid Prime 4 isn't too far down the road, and we get a full Animal Crossing game. At least, that's what I'd like to see

I’m cautiously optimistic about Metroid Prime 4. Obviously yay, since it’s Samus after so many years, but we still don’t know anything about the developer, hopefully someone on the level with Retro - not an easy task. My hopes for 2018/19:

-Retro’s new game is DK 3D a la new Mario
-Pikmin 4
-new Animal Crossing
-open world 3D Pokemon (come on already)
-new Fire Emblem (would be my first actually)

Can’t wait for Bayo double pack in February! Bought Bayo for PS3 three times, for PC two times and played masterpiece that is Bayo 2 on WiiU. Bayo on the go? Fly me to the moon. ;)

I believe Fire Emblem 15 and the next mainline Pokemon RPG have been confirmed to be in development for the Switch, so hopefully we'll see them in the next year (though I don't think Pokemon will release until at least 2019).

Got Persona 5 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for Christmas. Gonna play them once I'm done with South Park since I'm nearing the end of that. Now to decide what to get in the Steam winter sale. I feel like a kid in a candy store but I actually worry about finances.

Man Persona 5 felt like twice the length of my actual playthrough sometimes (91 hours) but man the heights were high in that game, it’ll end up on my TOP 10 for sure. Lost Legacy is probably the best Uncharted game after U2... probably.

I also just realized my Zelda playtime is 40+ hours... in four days. Jesus.

So yeah, 2017 was pretty cool huh.

Has anyone here mentioned Bayonetta 3 coming to Switch along with the first two? I might have missed it as I can't remember how long ago that was announced but damn Nintendo is doing a great job at keeping exclusives.

Funny and sad how its lineup that is out now is probably better than the Wii U's in its entire lifetime.

PowerDump wrote:Has anyone here mentioned Bayonetta 3 coming to Switch along with the first two? I might have missed it as I can't remember how long ago that was announced but damn Nintendo is doing a great job at keeping exclusives.

Funny and sad how its lineup that is out now is probably better than the Wii U's in its entire lifetime.
Yeah, Bayonetta 3 was announced during The Game Awards (unfortunately the posts around that time here got erased :blank: ).
m4st4 wrote: I also just realized my Zelda playtime is 40+ hours... in four days. Jesus.

So yeah, 2017 was pretty cool huh.
The very concept of the Switch adds to that. You're not just playing during your usual sit down and game hours, but potentially playing while in bed or in transit like I found myself often doing. Zelda really messed up my sleeping pattern but damn did it feel worth it.

I believe I'm up to over 200 hours.