Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

LelekPL wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 8:11 am
Ruth wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 6:32 am
poor white men, there isn’t a single more fragile thing than masculinity
I'm pretty sure this edit is a joke/trolling. The kitchen comments and pewdiepie part seem like dead giveaways it's not serious. It just can't be.
ofc it’s always a joke to them. but you also can’t deny pewdiepie has been providing a platform for shitty people/alt righters for a long time now. i used to be on his side, but considering how many times “subscribe to pewdiepie” has been dropped by people doing awful things (so idk if they’re delusional to think he’d actually be proud of this shit, or clever because them saying funny troll shit like this makes everybody else think it’s yet another joke), you put the two and two together and it’s obvious pewds hasn’t exactly dealt with this very well. so no, “it’s a joke/trolling” doesn’t sound so convincing to me anymore.

To be clear, I'm not defending it, even as a joke, it's not funny. I don't even find it insulting, just really really lame.

As for the rest I really can't say anything about pewdiepie because, honestly, I only know the meme sign-off and that's why I figured this was an "attempt at comedy". I know he's a youtuber and that's about it. I've never seen any of his videos so I don't really have a comment on his connections. But yeah, the meme itself has been mostly used by alt-right fanatics and people "trolling" being ones. I think this is the case of the latter.

It's still less than 90 people in total downloading/uploading it.

What I'm saying it, stop paying attention to these asshats.

Made $2.716 billion, worldwide. I'd say it made quite a profit lol

Really wanted it to beat Avatar, though. :(

It very likely will. It's still got another 40 million or so domestic in it and should be able to get the rest from foreign box office to clear Avatar. Disney will do what it needs to fudge the numbers to make sure it's the all-time box office king.

Avatar ultimately did way better though so.

I'm probably the only person here who still haven't seen this one LOL