Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Yeah I love how
Hulk screams and struggles as soon as the gauntlet touches him and can hardly snap, but Tony is able to do it easily and throw a catchphrase in there
OH GOD

Bacon wrote:
Yeah I love how
Hulk screams and struggles as soon as the gauntlet touches him and can hardly snap, but Tony is able to do it easily and throw a catchphrase in there
Catchphrase?! ...fuck my life. Never in a thousand years would I imagine someone could even perceive it that way.
it was such an epic, well deserved moment, eleven years in the making
Seriously, guys, you’re ruining these awesome things for yourselves too much.

m4st4 wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 2:54 pm
Bacon wrote:
Yeah I love how
Catchphrase?! ...fuck my life. Never in a thousand years would I imagine someone could even perceive it that way.
it was such an epic, well deserved moment, eleven years in the making
Seriously, guys, you’re ruining these awesome things for yourselves too much.
I literally think it was one of the best moments of the entire MCU and
I cried after it happened. Tony is my favorite character. That being said, the line was a retort to Thanos. It's what his character would do and was an insanely epic moment. Catchphrase is not a negative word here. I'm saying that Iron Man was able to maintain his composure to deliver the final blow with an epic line along side it but Hulk has an unnecessary 2 minute scene of him screaming with pain before he does it which is ret-conned later. Hulk should have done it just as easily.
I'm not ruining anything for myself because I still love the film and I think it's top-tier MCU. I'm just pointing out just how many times the movie makes rules and forgets about them for convenience.

Bacon wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 3:00 pm
I'm just pointing out just how many times the movie makes rules and forgets about them for convenience.
That's pretty much the same for every movie ever made...

not to undermine anyone’s opinions, but I’m reading all of these nitpicks and i honestly struggle to see why should i (or anyone else for that matter) give a shit about it

it’s almost as if it’s a movie and nothing is ever going to be 100% consistent and logic (logic within said movie) based. i know it’s important to other people, but i see it as a very unfulfilling way to watch movies.

dat I am Iron Man line, fuck yes. Deserved and awesome and real sad to see Tony go... I guess Downey Jr and Jackman are so far the only actors portraying superheroes for more than a decade to get a proper send off (with them in main roles) and having the character die heroically.

Ruth wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 4:07 pm
not to undermine anyone’s opinions, but I’m reading all of these nitpicks and i honestly struggle to see why should i (or anyone else for that matter) give a shit about it

it’s almost as if it’s a movie and nothing is ever going to be 100% consistent and logic (logic within said movie) based. i know it’s important to other people, but i see it as a very unfulfilling way to watch movies.
Very true. And I think this applies to this movie in particular. It's extremely ambitious, and not only with the story itself but also because it involves so many characters and archs.

I can do nothing but applaud Feige and the Russos for what they did with this movie, despite the flaws.

What did the people who saw this in a 1.90 aspect ratio in IMAX screens and saw this in it's regular aspect ratio think of the difference? Mostly unnecessary extra space or useful and adding to the film?

Someone I know said the reason
Hulk struggled so much with the gauntlet and Iron Man didn't was because Hulk was trying to bring Nat back first and foremost and it wouldn't let him.

Y'all are reading this waayyy too closely.
It's an Avengers movie... Sit back, enjoy, move on.