Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I feel like, in the long run, this is all going to be a fantastic use of our time.

Something that I can't seem to find the answer to is
How, if each avenger has two Pim Particles, one for initial launch and one for return, does "bad" Nebula make it back to present day if she gives the Pim Particle to Thanos? Or is it a timed visit like how Clint comes back from visiting his family and getting the glove?

Nebula uses her future self's particles to go back.

How she gets an entire spaceship through the portal is beyond me.

Ruth wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 5:16 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 5:00 am
I have a consistent line of argumentation about why I think these films are bad for Cinema overall but that they're kids films isn't one of them. There are excellent kids films out there. I just happen to think there are better kids films out there but that's not even what I said. You are telling me this is PG-13 sci-fi fantasy flick is an adult film whose primary audience are adults and with ideas that are too challenging and uncomfortable for children to deal with? Saying I'm trolling merely means you don't have to engage with the idea that superhero comics and by extension film adaptations are aimed at kids. If you think that's a pejorative, that's on you folks.

And if the problem is that I'm the one saying these things, I could say that I don't enjoy talking to people engaging in ad hominem attacks and then whining about how they can't find an excuse to kick me off this site.
I’m sorry in advance, but can’t you just fuck off at this point? People have tried having a discussion with you for years (me included), waisting all of that energy for nothing.

Do you think your “line of argumentation” is in any way clever or intelligent? I don’t want to trick you into posting another 2000 word essay here, but the only thing it is it’s yeah, consistent. Because people can repeat every single word you said from their memory, thanks to all the 300 times you took to repeat it.

You’re not special, more mature or intelligent than any of us. Your taste in “kino” isn’t any more special, too. You’re not the film industry’s last saving grace or the sole oppressed dissenting voice, always being “shouted down” at by mindless deluded fans. Your opinions have been politely countered and challenged so many times before, to zero avail. Only for you to come back some time later and start vigorously rinsing and repeating. Fuck, ain’t nobody got the mental energy for this shit anymore.

At risk of sounding like the meanest bitch on this place, people stopped giving a shit about what you have to say a long time ago. Nobody owes you a discussion the way you want to have it, and just because people don’t entertain talking about the same stuff 200 times with you doesn’t mean they’re dumbing themselves down to throw “ad hominem” attacks at your poor self. People are already tired of this shit. I’m tired. We came here to talk and be excited over something that we’ve waited for so long, only to have our intelligence constantly ridiculed by the likes of you.
Just wanted to say this is the greatest post I have ever seen.
Last edited by Allstar on May 2nd, 2019, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bacon wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 10:32 am

The directors said Thanos (or his scientists) made more of them. I don't know why they could reverse engineer them so quickly and Tony couldn't, but oh well. It's an alien army.
And the Spaceship fit through the portal because it was incredible small, duh.

Bacon wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 10:32 am

An interview with the directors has shed light on this. They confirmed that 2014 Nebula gave Thanos a Pym Particle and given the fact he's a Genius and Maw is basically a wizard they will have had the ability to reverse Engineer it and mass produce it. So there you go

Sure you can easily say that Endgame is a kids movie, but like Endgame actually does have some deeper literary themes which upon further thought is really interesting to think about and discuss. (Probably a reach but I was reminded of Orpheus and Eurydice
I think any media where someone wants to bring the dead back will immediately make the viewer/reader think back to this. Endgame does an interesting spin on it
)

Hating mass media isn't going to make you smarter, but it's cool to see people so into a movie. Maybe instead of talking down on people just be like "oh if you liked Endgame you might like [insert film here]."

^I don’t think Orpheus and Eurydice is very accurate here, but honestly, most of what we read and watch is so strongly rooted in Greek tragedies, Greek/Roman mythology in one way or another, so it’ll never take too long to find connections, even if artists didn’t mean to directly draw inspirations.

like, in IW Thanos giving up Gamora for the soul stone = Agamemnon sacrifising Iphigenia and so on. before anyone comes for my head, i don’t think they actually based stuff on greek tragedies, it’s just that this stuff is so prevalent, it tends to happen naturally

Ruth wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 4:36 pm
^I don’t think Orpheus and Eurydice is very accurate here, but honestly, most of what we read and watch is so strongly rooted in Greek tragedies, Greek/Roman mythology in one way or another, so it’ll never take too long to find connections, even if artists didn’t mean to directly draw inspirations.

like, in IW Thanos giving up Gamora for the soul stone = Agamemnon sacrifising Iphigenia and so on. before anyone comes for my head, i don’t think they actually based stuff on greek tragedies, it’s just that this stuff is so prevalent, it tends to happen naturally
Yeah like I said it's definitley a reach. I need to read more on my Greek tragedies. But now that I think of it
It could very well fit Hulk and Nat
My overall main point is that it's really easy for people like Batfan to brush these films off as kids movies but they can lead people to watching other movies or reading works that are highly regarded. If comic book movies and comic books themselves get introduce people to a lot more media that would be neat. But at the end of the day, they certainly do have some literary merit.

85% more repeated business than Infinity war. That’s a lot of kids seeing this movie over and over again. And imagine how many are actual kids who will be introduced to wonders of cinema because of this movie. Outstanding. :clap: