Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Look, I'm all for talking about ethics in corporations and how shitty capitalism is, but does this shit need to be in a fucking Endgame thread?

And I gotta side with Ruth here. I actually do agree with some of the stuff Batfan says but like man...complaining all the time online won't help at all and like you're not bringing anything new to the table with this conversation.

Artemis wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 5:53 pm
Look, I'm all for talking about ethics in corporations and how shitty capitalism is, but does this shit need to be in a fucking Endgame thread?

And I gotta side with Ruth here. I actually do agree with some of the stuff Batfan says but like man...complaining all the time online won't help at all and like you're not bringing anything new to the table with this conversation.
I'd argue that, since the discussion had been about Disney's re-release of Endgame only a couple of months after its initial release just so it could beat Avatar's box office, I'd say that talking about how shitty capitalism pushes this kind of petty corporate behaviour could have been a fruitful debate. That it is happening in this thread in particular is kind of incidental imo.

Endgame had no after credit scenes and I (among many others) thought it was perfect wrap up of the Stones Saga and now Disney is releasing it as it was but with after credit scenes.

Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

This "Disney squeezing every last bit of money, sacrificing everything else in the process" couldn't be any further from the truth.

Did you miss the part that

Endgame and Logan Spoilers
they allowed it so that their two biggest assets among Marvel characters outside of Panther to both reach their finals? Killing massive cash cows for themselves as the result.

I remember when people here were arguing that Fox is so bold for killing off Wolverine and Xavier after nearly two decades and Marvel will never have the guts to do such a thing, while the last Wolverine film had only made 400M and they had already replaced 75 years old Stewart with a younger actor who was much more of a draw anyway.
...or the fact that they are allowing Skywalker saga to finally end despite having their 4 billion investment in a really vulnerable position ever since the first Star Wars film that flopped?

All for the sake of storytelling and because the people who they had put in charge creatively, demanded it.

Getting rid of John Lasseter, the man who had one of the most prominent roles in making them the #1 Hollywood company that they are now, by first the success of Pixar and later rebuilding their own barely standing Animation studio, is not something that a corporation that only cares about money would do.

The contracts were already at their end and it was unlikely that Downey or Evans would return. They just took graceful way to end their stories. It's not like Disney killed them even when there were few more movies to spare.

No comments on Star Wars cause I know almost nothing about it.

Oh and John Lasseter? Seriously Virgo? You're giving example of a guy who was let for sexual misconduct? Not because Disney wanted someone new at the helm but because this guy was bad PR and that's one thing that Disney wants to avoid. Even if it means hastily firing a guy for stupid tweets made 10 years back. And unlike Gunn, no one was defending Lasseter.

Needs only $15.5M more.

Oku
On one hand, Disney, Mr. Feige, or whoever could just buy up that many tickets and donate the proceeds to charity if they want the #1 spot that badly. (Is there any law that would prevent them from doing so?)

But on the other hand, what's the point when Avatar will just take back the crown if it is re-released in the run up-to Avatar 2 (though chances of this happening are not as certain as when Fox was in charge)...

Oku wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 12:34 pm
On one hand, Disney, Mr. Feige, or whoever could just buy up that many tickets and donate the proceeds to charity if they want the #1 spot that badly. (Is there any law that would prevent them from doing so?)

But on the other hand, what's the point when Avatar will just take back the crown if it is re-released in the run up-to Avatar 2 (though chances of this happening are not as certain as when Fox was in charge)...
Of course it’s going to happen, Disney owns the brand now.

LelekPL wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 8:41 am
m4st4 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 11:34 pm
It’s not evil, just silly since that same Disney will probably re-re-release Avatar before 2021 and the sequel and possibly beat its own record. People are nervous from time to time because they are reminded of the absolute monopoly that is going on in the industry right now, standard procedure for pesky little mortals called viewers.
They won't have to because Endgame will NOT catch up with Avatar. But they'll probably do it regardless, as a "reminder" before the sequel comes out.
I told you it wouldn't happen.