Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'd have preferred if
Captain Marvel had carried Peter like Hulk carried Betty. :lol:

Vader182 wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 1:21 pm
Ruth wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 9:37 am
This discussion is getting toxic and I want no part in that, but I'm just curious - how else a scene like that should be incorporated into a movie like this to not seem "forced"? What does "forced" even mean in a context like this? Because to me it just sounds like an empty word people like to throw around when they don't explicitly hate something, but they also don't like it and are looking for excuses to legitimize their stance on that.

I guess when we've had the privilege to spend decades surrounded (not "forced"!) by almost exclusively male focused entertainment in media, a sequence that lasts less than a minute, is probably the greatest offender
someone frame this thanks

PS it makes total sense to me the women in a team would love to rally together at times, especially if there’s fewer of them than men. Nothing forced about it at all. Even if it is a forced “girl power” moment, why can’t that be any less awesome than Thor or Cap showing off their abilities?

-Vader
Precisely

Pratham wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 1:57 pm
I'd have preferred if
Omg yes!!!!! That would have been too cute. I loved their exchange in the film and that would have been the cherry on top.

Master Virgo wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 10:37 am
Don't really have time to read a wall of gibberish I'm afraid.£

If any other member said half of what you said in the way you said it, they'd get a warning if not a temporary ban. Absolutely unbelievable and embarrassing. You're being more toxic than literally any other member on here in this discussion and your self-righteous attitude only makes it worse.

Is it even possible to report a moderator? Genuine question.

Pratham wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 1:57 pm
I'd have preferred if
That would've been hilarious

I understand Virgo’s point. He’s so sick of hearing all the nonsense about Larson in general the past few months that he just has no tolerance for it if it starts creeping in on this forum in any form.

M4 calls someone “sensitive” yet goes on to delete his avy for the 100th time yet to come back in a week or so. :lol: Absolutely zero self awareness.

this forum has basically become a microcosm of the psychological phenomena that, in part, facilitated the rise of Trump.

I mean this in the most scientific sense, where people get increasingly defensive over what they feel are "reasonable views" and act increasingly victimized, and instead of realizing how their views can seem problematic to others, they double down on eleven and further radicalize themselves while getting /increasingly defensive/ while the members who see these posters as problematic get more and more frustrating and it just gets more polarizing.

anyway I saw this again and it's fucking amazing. maybe it's because of my own baggage, but Thor seeing his mom again after she died fucks me up so bad.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 4:39 pm
I understand Virgo’s point. He’s so sick of hearing all the nonsense about Larson in general the past few months that he just has no tolerance for it if it starts creeping in on this forum in any form.
That doesn't justify him for derailing threads and attacking members. He's acting like a child, especially considering how non-aggressive everyone else was being about it, with his fellow mod even basically agreeing with what the members he was pissed at were saying. Talk absolutely zero self-awareness. *shrugs*

@Vader: No one is "acting victimized" here, the discussion me, Cilogy, BlairCo, Law, m4 and others were all having was blatantly cursed out and called sexist by a mod. You've met Cilogy, but I guess he's sexist because he started the sarcastically "reasonable view" you labeled. Even the people that actually disagreed with our statement didn't react like Virgo. This isn't even about the scene of the film anymore, it's about the way the moderator on this forum has consistently lost all composure. This isn't the first time that's happened either recently. Virgo's made his mind up before he even posts. I've talked to members about it before, and it's pretty obvious he's the only one escalating the issue.

Vader182 wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 4:46 pm
this forum has basically become a microcosm of the psychological phenomena that, in part, facilitated the rise of Trump.

I mean this in the most scientific sense, where people get increasingly defensive over what they feel are "reasonable views" and act increasingly victimized, and instead of realizing how their views can seem problematic to others, they double down on eleven and further radicalize themselves while getting /increasingly defensive/ while the members who see these posters as problematic get more and more frustrating and it just gets more polarizing.

anyway I saw this again and it's fucking amazing. maybe it's because of my own baggage, but Thor seeing his mom again after she died fucks me up so bad.

-Vader
I thought the scene was quite touching too and don't have the "baggage". Makes Dark World better retroactively. Also, Tony with Howard. Great, great stuff. Spot on post overall tbh.
Bacon wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 4:53 pm
@Vader: No one is "acting victimized" here, the discussion me, Cilogy, BlairCo, Law, m4 and others were all having was blatantly cursed out and called sexist by a mod. You've met Cilogy, but I guess he's sexist because he started the sarcastically "reasonable view" you labeled. Even the people that actually disagreed with our statement didn't react like Virgo. This isn't even about the scene of the film anymore, it's about the way the moderator on this forum has consistently lost all composure. This isn't the first time that's happened either recently. Virgo's made his mind up before he even posts. I've talked to members about it before, and it's pretty obvious he's the only one escalating the issue.

Temp locked because the discourse here is broken.

$145,804,000 domestically for a total of $619 million in 12 days, topping $2.1 billion worldwide.