Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 4:05 am
at best, he’ll get a warning after some of us get baited.
I honestly don't get how people constantly fall for obvious troll bait.
It's like we want to be fooled.

Numbers wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 4:18 am
m4st4 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 4:05 am
at best, he’ll get a warning after some of us get baited.
I honestly don't get how people constantly fall for obvious troll bait.
It's like we want to be fooled.
Yeah, you’re right, let’s just let him inconsequentially trash whatever thread.

I have a consistent line of argumentation about why I think these films are bad for Cinema overall but that they're kids films isn't one of them. There are excellent kids films out there. I just happen to think there are better kids films out there but that's not even what I said. You are telling me this is PG-13 sci-fi fantasy flick is an adult film whose primary audience are adults and with ideas that are too challenging and uncomfortable for children to deal with? Saying I'm trolling merely means you don't have to engage with the idea that superhero comics and by extension film adaptations are aimed at kids. If you think that's a pejorative, that's on you folks.

And if the problem is that I'm the one saying these things, I could say that I don't enjoy talking to people engaging in ad hominem attacks and then whining about how they can't find an excuse to kick me off this site.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 5:00 am
I have a consistent line of argumentation about why I think these films are bad for Cinema overall but that they're kids films isn't one of them. There are excellent kids films out there. I just happen to think there are better kids films out there but that's not even what I said. You are telling me this is PG-13 sci-fi fantasy flick is an adult film whose primary audience are adults and with ideas that are too challenging and uncomfortable for children to deal with? Saying I'm trolling merely means you don't have to engage with the idea that superhero comics and by extension film adaptations are aimed at kids. If you think that's a pejorative, that's on you folks.

And if the problem is that I'm the one saying these things, I could say that I don't enjoy talking to people engaging in ad hominem attacks and then whining about how they can't find an excuse to kick me off this site.
I’m sorry in advance, but can’t you just fuck off at this point? People have tried having a discussion with you for years (me included), waisting all of that energy for nothing.

Do you think your “line of argumentation” is in any way clever or intelligent? I don’t want to trick you into posting another 2000 word essay here, but the only thing it is it’s yeah, consistent. Because people can repeat every single word you said from their memory, thanks to all the 300 times you took to repeat it.

You’re not special, more mature or intelligent than any of us. Your taste in “kino” isn’t any more special, too. You’re not the film industry’s last saving grace or the sole oppressed dissenting voice, always being “shouted down” at by mindless deluded fans. Your opinions have been politely countered and challenged so many times before, to zero avail. Only for you to come back some time later and start vigorously rinsing and repeating. Fuck, ain’t nobody got the mental energy for this shit anymore.

At risk of sounding like the meanest bitch on this place, people stopped giving a shit about what you have to say a long time ago. Nobody owes you a discussion the way you want to have it, and just because people don’t entertain talking about the same stuff 200 times with you doesn’t mean they’re dumbing themselves down to throw “ad hominem” attacks at your poor self. People are already tired of this shit. I’m tired. We came here to talk and be excited over something that we’ve waited for so long, only to have our intelligence constantly ridiculed by the likes of you.

batfan, you're exhausting

He's just sharing his opinion. He's not being vulgar (unlike the people who respond to him... bravo by the way) or ridiculing your opinion with snarky comments (again, can't say that about his responders). If you think he repeats himself then stopping replying to him. It's as much of a waste of time for him to repeat himself, as it is for you to respond. You don't agree, cool, you also stated that many times before.

Ruth wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 5:16 am
I’m sorry in advance, but can’t you just fuck off at this point? People have tried having a discussion with you for years (me included), waisting all of that energy for nothing.

Do you think your “line of argumentation” is in any way clever or intelligent? I don’t want to trick you into posting another 2000 word essay here, but the only thing it is it’s yeah, consistent. Because people can repeat every single word you said from their memory, thanks to all the 300 times you took to repeat it.

You’re not special, more mature or intelligent than any of us. Your taste in “kino” isn’t any more special, too. You’re not the film industry’s last saving grace or the sole oppressed dissenting voice, always being “shouted down” at by mindless deluded fans. Your opinions have been politely countered and challenged so many times before, to zero avail. Only for you to come back some time later and start vigorously rinsing and repeating. Fuck, ain’t nobody got the mental energy for this shit anymore.

At risk of sounding like the meanest bitch on this place, people stopped giving a shit about what you have to say a long time ago. Nobody owes you a discussion the way you want to have it, and just because people don’t entertain talking about the same stuff 200 times with you doesn’t mean they’re dumbing themselves down to throw “ad hominem” attacks at your poor self. People are already tired of this shit. I’m tired. We came here to talk and be excited over something that we’ve waited for so long, only to have our intelligence constantly ridiculed by the likes of you.
Thanks, finally someone who has a good response. Sure, I can understand why it must be exhausting but if I'm making these points years later it's because from my point of view noone has been able to successfully convince me that I'm wrong in my overall assessment. Case in point: Disney acquired 20th Century Fox and I am told by popular culture that I should be happy. Why? Please tell me why Disney owning almost half the market is such a good thing ... See, people in my experience have not been able to give me good answers for these kinds of questions and I don't really expect them to. I expect them to be aware of what is happening in the industry, what it means and how that expresses itself in the films and the kinds of films that come out of it. I am not deluded enough to think myself the saviour of cinema or that my taste is the only valid one or that I'm smarter for (dis)liking something. These films for the most part give me no joy, yet I dare anyone to give me an example of where I gave any of these films a 5/10 or lower. I fail to see how calling this a kids film (which is what it is because the superhero comics are made for and aimed at children) is in any way insulting people's taste or intelligence. Not having me on this forum ain't going to change that either. But sure, you're not going to have to see those points expressed anymore from my side. If that's what you guys all absolutely need to feel better, I'm going to be kind and give it to you. It's also exhausting for me. That won't mean that there aren't people who make the same or similar points to the ones I made in the hopes of seeing a different (not 'better' because I actually don't like to ridicule others' taste or intelligence) kind of entertainment. At least I can hope that's the case. The end.

Fucking sausages paragraphs nobody even reads.

Just fuck off already.

And I’m still (eagerly) awaiting my ban since all you guys are doing here is sending warnings and basically keeping the trolls alive for a decade now. This place is a toxic mess because we’re allowed to be toxic fuck ups that we are.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 6:22 am
Sure, I can understand why it must be exhausting but if I'm making these points years later it's because from my point of view noone has been able to successfully convince me that I'm wrong in my overall assessment.
Sharing opinions is not about convincing the other person to yours. It's trying to understand one another's point of view. You're not wrong in your assessment (ekhmm opinion), because there is no right or wrong answer. You do not need to repeat yourself to make that point across. And let's be honest, this whole thing started because you posted an oversimplified sentence to remind everyone that these are movies made for kids, which triggered the others. Disney makes them for everyone (children included but not only). They're action family movies by design.

Pratham wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 1:46 pm
Cilogy wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 1:34 pm
Bacon wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Yeah I love how
Hulk screams and struggles as soon as the gauntlet touches him and can hardly snap, but Tony is able to do it easily and throw a catchphrase in there
only thing I can think of is that
the gauntlet touches Hulk's bare hand and Tony is at least protected partially by the suit hand
The 'gauntlet' is just a glove of Iron Man suit though.
Yeah the science or rather pseudo-science is inconsistent.

You could also boil it down to destiny and fate I guess.