Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 4135
Joined: January 2012
Numbers wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 1:28 am
Y'all are reading this waayyy too closely.
It's an Avengers movie... Sit back, enjoy, move on.
I agree, let's just enjoy the kids movie.

Posts: 42126
Joined: May 2010
Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:17 am
Numbers wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 1:28 am
Y'all are reading this waayyy too closely.
It's an Avengers movie... Sit back, enjoy, move on.
I agree, let's just enjoy the kids movie.
That has more elegant storytelling than D&D.

Posts: 409
Joined: May 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Nomis wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 5:11 pm
What did the people who saw this in a 1.90 aspect ratio in IMAX screens and saw this in it's regular aspect ratio think of the difference? Mostly unnecessary extra space or useful and adding to the film?
Not answering your question really, but I saw Infinity War last year in regular anamorphic (or should I say cropped/unmasked anamorphic) and hated it. So much headspace was cut off. After that I went IMAX this year.

Posts: 4135
Joined: January 2012
Allstar wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:39 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:17 am
Numbers wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 1:28 am
Y'all are reading this waayyy too closely.
It's an Avengers movie... Sit back, enjoy, move on.
I agree, let's just enjoy the kids movie.
That has more elegant storytelling than D&D.
Sure if saying so makes you feel better.

Posts: 42126
Joined: May 2010
Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:48 am
Allstar wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:39 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:17 am


I agree, let's just enjoy the kids movie.
That has more elegant storytelling than D&D.
Sure if saying so makes you feel better.
Just stating the obvious and the consensus.

Posts: 62
Joined: August 2012
Location: Ask the architect!
Bacon wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:21 pm
LucianoGotti wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 3:17 pm
The point is, just as the ancient one demonstrates, the stones existing in the same timeline create the flow of time and that removing one of the stones to a different timeline would create a new branched off timeline that would cause problems. Ultimately Cap going back and placing all the stones back from where they were taken just as they were taken is what's important.

The Avengers going back and influencing things which will create new alternate timelines isn't the issue because ultimately going back and changing the past or affecting the past won't affect their present. Their present will always remain the same.

The main point is to not create branched off timelines by removing the stones to a different timeline. Which they stick to.
I'm aware of this but they do create tons of branched off timelines and Cap going back doesn't fix this at all. The actions that they take (like Loki stealing the Tesseract or Cap revealing to SHIELD that he's a Hydra agent) are not fixed by Cap going back in time and putting the stones back when they are taken. Additionally, if the idea was that the stones HAVE to exist in a universe in order for reality to work fully and that's the reason Cap has to go back, the main timeline is screwed because Thanos destroyed their set of stones.
The Avengers going back in time and changing events in the past and creating new alternate timelines in no way results in the film breaking any rule it establishes nor does it mean it doesn't make sense. The film firmly establishes in two separate scenes that going back to the past and changing events will not change the future you have arrived from it will inturn create a new alternate timeline.

Cap going back and returning the stones isn't to fix the alternate timelines cteated and it won't, they will remain, the point was to ensure they were put back at the point they were taken to prevent an alternate reality without the stones. These new alternate timelines that are created don't break any rules by existing and not being fixed. The main MCU timeline still remains and that's what the film establishes and that's what it sticks to

Posts: 4135
Joined: January 2012
Allstar wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:51 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:48 am
Allstar wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 2:39 am

That has more elegant storytelling than D&D.
Sure if saying so makes you feel better.
Just stating the obvious and the consensus.
If you say so. Maybe if you say it 20 more times it might actually become true.

Posts: 12274
Joined: February 2011
Don't feed the troll, people.£

Posts: 7381
Joined: August 2012
Master Virgo wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 3:47 am
Don't feed the troll, people.£
if you admit he’s a troll, why is he still here?

Posts: 54158
Joined: May 2010
Ruth wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 4:00 am
Master Virgo wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 3:47 am
Don't feed the troll, people.£
if you admit he’s a troll, why is he still here?
Because he is allowed to have a condescending opinion about movie he didn’t even like in the first place. He will suck your blood dry by constantly getting back here to tell us how we’re just bunch of kids and he’s better than us and, at best, he’ll get a warning after some of us get baited.

Rinse-repeat, gg moderators.

Edit: we’re ‘feeding the troll’ because we want this to end.

Post Reply