Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That was epic. I thought the first 40 minutes or so were kinda all over the place, felt rushed at times and too slow at others. But after that the three hours flew by and I loved pretty much every second of it.

It's definitely flawed though and it might not stand the test of time like I feel movies like TDK or Logan will, but it's also no doubt the most ambitious CBM of all time, and it's really fucking impressive how they managed to pull it off.

Nistopher Colon wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 10:56 am
Artemis wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 10:52 am

So much hatred and hostile body language from ScarJo in this picture.
Captain Marvel and Black Widow celebrating the completion of white male genocide (2019)
Why is there a Black Widow? What about White Widow?

Sanchez wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 10:56 am
That was epic. I thought the first 40 minutes or so were kinda all over the place, felt rushed at times and too slow at others. But after that the three hours flew by and I loved pretty much every second of it.

It's definitely flawed though and it might not stand the test of time like I feel movies like TDK or Logan will, but it's also no doubt the most ambitious CBM of all time, and it's really fucking impressive how they managed to pull it off.
I want to ask you so many questions, but I need to resist till saturday :C

There are some patchy spots, but our investment in this ongoing franchise for the past 10 years is rewarded with the most satisfying and epic conclusion imaginable. Just when you think the stakes couldn't get higher, the Russo's turn it up to 11. It truly is the Return of the King of superhero movies.

BlairCo wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:40 am
There are some patchy spots, but our investment in this ongoing franchise for the past 10 years is rewarded with the most satisfying and epic conclusion imaginable. Just when you think the stakes couldn't get higher, the Russo's turn it up to 11. It truly is the Return of the King of superhero movies.
Is it there a Gollum-like figure for the destruction of the evil one?

To those who has seen it.
No spoilers ofc.
Stan Lee last cameo - good?

The cameo is really short, but pretty damn funny.
BlairCo wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 11:40 am
Well said, I completely agree.

Without spoilers, how is Nebula/Karen Gillan?

So I've seen it. I have a few gripes so far.
I feel the opening was written in the script on the first draft, but was not revisited. Individually, those moments hold together. But when they are intertwined, they feel badly edited. There's a prologue in the film that was very rushed and that felt more like a middle of the film rather than its beginning. And then there's a big time jump at 19 minutes that feels more like it should've been the opening of the film. Also Carol's character appears with no rhyme or reason in the movie. That post credits scene from CM is not even in the movie. And then, as I also mentioned previously, there is this one thing that is meant to be a gag/callback to TWS, and it's funny and works individually, but falls apart when you actually turn on your logic, because that makes no sense at all. I know this movie will get 8+ rating on IMDB and will be called by MCU fans the best movie of all time, but as someone who watches these movies without the fanboy goggles, I feel this movie logic-wise and structure-wise deserves as much shit as people give to The Dark Knight Rises. I'd argue TDKR serves its continuity way better because it does not contradict it. But on the opposite side of the spectrum, I can say that this movie did what The Dark Knight Rises didn't do: it actually kills an important character without any ambiguity. The character's dead, period.
Last edited by Batman's Batman on April 24th, 2019, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:34 pm
Without spoilers, how is Nebula/Karen Gillan?
No different to her previous appearances, albeit she's more heroic this time.