Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Debuts on 98% on RT with 50 reviews.

Wow, I’m really pumped for this. All I wanted was something better than Infinity War and I would have been fine because I really liked that one and if the reviews are anything to go by it is quite a bit better.

Bring it on!

Films like The Winter Soldier, Logan and Nolan's Batman trilogy can be argued to be shy of their comic book roots and attempt to be above it.
Lol, the main reason why there's so much hate around The Dark Knight Rises is because people say it's overstuffed and too big, and the reason why it's so big is because Goyer and J. Nolan wanted to shove their favorite Batman comics into its story. No Man's Land, Cataclysm, The Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall, Legacy, The Cult, etc. Chris didn't even want to include Catwoman in the story originally, but Jonah convinced him otherwise. If TDKR wasn't trying so much to be like the comics, maybe it wouldn't be so hated by many. Although there is no doubt it handled "but it's like the comic" trope much better than the recent Hellboy did, which, unlike TDKR, shoved random shit from the comic but for no story purpose.

Currently sits at 97% with 72 reviews (8.38/10 avg.)
Exciting, entertaining, and emotionally impactful, Avengers: Endgame does whatever it takes to deliver a satisfying finale to Marvel's epic Infinity Saga.

Have there been any projections from sites on how much this will make opening weekend and overall worldwide?

Oku
Impressions after first viewing is: barely above mediocre.

No real stand-out moments that I can immediately and vividly recall, even though I saw it only moments ago.

The greatest superhero films are TDK and Spider-man 2. Then we can talk about Batman Returns and Iron Man.

1 billion worldwide opening should not be ruled out. Also I suspect this might get Marvel their third A+ from cinemascore.£

So much hatred and hostile body language from ScarJo in this picture.

Artemis wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 10:52 am

So much hatred and hostile body language from ScarJo in this picture.
Captain Marvel and Black Widow celebrating the completion of white male genocide (2019)