The Nolan Fans Film Awards 2018 - (FYC/Discussion)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Complaints regarding the cinematography in Get Out is a new level of incompetence. You're either oblivious to the mechanics and artistry of cinematography or you're simply looking for trouble. The framing and execution is meticulous and masterful. It's one of the best shot movies of last year.

Get Out is great in a lot of ways, but cinematography is not one of them. Not saying it's badly shot, but nothing special.

Sanchez wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 11:01 am
Get Out is great in a lot of ways, but cinematography is not one of them. Not saying it's badly shot, but nothing special.
Thanks for this knowledgeable response. I'm glad we sorted this out.

MyCocaine wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 11:06 am
Sanchez wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 11:01 am
Thanks for this knowledgeable response. I'm glad we sorted this out.
It didn't recieve a single cinematography nomination at all. And I haven't read or heard any review praising that aspect. Not taking anything away from the movie, but I fail to see what is so incredible about that. Surely someone other than you must have noticed it, even though I know you're the expert on everything around here.

MyCocaine wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 10:55 am
Complaints regarding the cinematography in Get Out is a new level of incompetence. You're either oblivious to the mechanics and artistry of cinematography or you're simply looking for trouble. The framing and execution is meticulous and masterful. It's one of the best shot movies of last year.
It's just plain.

Only 10 more days to vote.£

MyCocaine wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 10:55 am
Since when has competent become meticulous and masterful? Go back to It rewatch #27 please.

Voting thread will be locked in 4 days.£

I think there is a little bit of complication regarding the categories. Some of you have voted for Vicky Krieps in supporting while others in leading. Considering the fact that she has been recognised as a leading actress throughout the awards season, then I suppose for the sake of unanimity, we have to go with that one.

So I suggest you, who have voted for her in supporting, modify your lists accordingly, otherwise your vote for her has to be excluded from the final tally.£

Yeah, I think it would be useful if people checked out the FYC posters for movies they'd like to nominate if they're unsure about the categories. For example, I'm seeing a couple of people are nominating Mark Hamill for TLJ in Supporting Actor, when he's actually leading. I guess this one could slide since no one's really nominated him in the leading one, so there's no confusion yet, but still.

Also, have seen (and almost done it myself) people are nominating Lost City of Z in several categories, but it's a 2016 movie, guys.