The Devil in the White City (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In a interview with Simon Mayo he was asked whether his next project was with Scorsese. He said, it wasn't and that he didn't had anything lined up other than a documentary he has been working on.

Prayer circle initiated for The Irishman.

It's going to be The Irishman. It may sound weird after all those years that was stuck in development but Scorsese confirmed it, De Niro confirmed it and Pacino confirmed it.

Looks like DiCaprio's next project indeed is The Crowded Room.

MyCocaine wrote:Looks like DiCaprio's next project indeed is The Crowded Room.
No.

DEADLINE: Sometimes, they come back around. Like The Devil in the White City, about the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893, and a serial killer, which Paramount bought for you to make with Scorsese. I thought that was a goner.

DICAPRIO: They’ve got a new take on it. I’m very excited by that world, the nostalgia of a turn of the century that was all about the promise of what America was destined to be. The industrial Revolution was kicking in, you had all of these massive corporate monopolies. I saw this amazing documentary, The Men Who Built America, and the whole time period is so fascinating to me because it just really forged, not only what America is, but what capitalism is today. All the innovation, all the promise of what the future was, was literally right there, and it all spelled out in what we see today. Those dreams of technology, and the machine age; we’re living that now.
http://deadline.com/2016/02/leonardo-di ... 201699843/

This comes after DiCaprio won Best Actor for The Revenant, and at a time when Appian Way is teamed with Paramount on what could be DiCaprio’s next major project. That is The Devil In The White City, an adaptation of the Erik Larson book that’s got a script by Billy Ray and will reteam DiCaprio with Martin Scorsese.
http://deadline.com/2016/03/leonardo-di ... 201728915/

Right now, there is a script being worked on,” Scorsese said of an adaptation of Erik Larson’s book, The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America. Larson’s tale, based on a true story, entwines the stories of a notorious serial killer and the architect who designed the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago.

One of the things that I had to stop for the past six months, was my meetings on that script,” Scorsese said about his final push to complete his new spiritual drama Silence. They want me to start again in January and see if we can find a way because it’s an extraordinary story.”
http://m.torontosun.com/2016/12/19/mart ... o-dicaprio

Ace
‘Devil in the White City’ Series in the Works at Hulu from Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/devil- ... ssion=true
Hulu is developing a series based on the book “The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed America” by Erik Larson.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese will executive produce the project along with Stacey Sher, Rick Yorn, Emma Koskoff, and Jennifer Davisson. Paramount Television will produce.

“The Devil in the White City” tells true story of two men, an architect and a serial killer, whose fates were forever linked by The Chicago World’s Fair of 1893: Daniel H. Burnham, a brilliant and fastidious architect racing to mark his mark on the world and Henry H. Holmes, a handsome and cunning doctor who fashioned his own pharmaceutical “Murder Castle” on the fair grounds.

I just bought the book last night. Looking forward to reading it!

Sounds like they couldn’t crack the material to make it into a feature film and it works better as a miniseries. Sad. Very tough adaptation. Oh well, I’m excited about Flowers of Moon now anyway.