The Devil in the White City (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Quentin or Finchy would be great. Would love to see Leo work with either of them or Scorsese again!

Chris Nolan should direct this after The Dark Knight Rises!

talli wrote:needs to transform himself
your so stupid sometimes.

Agree.

allstarr55js wrote:
your so stupid sometimes.

religious fanatics sometimes call Stephen Hawkings stupid. Would you say it would be a fair assessment that he is very smart, and from their point of ignorance they just cant comprehend him?

Aside from What's Eating Gilbert Grape, DiCaprio has never fully transformed himself into a character in the way Depp, Ledger, Lewis, Pitt, Spacey, Hardy, Bale, etc... are capable of doing. Some actors simply are not capable of that kind of transformation, and I believe DiCaprio is one of them. Does that make him a bad actor? No, not everyone should be expected to become a totally different person, he's still one hell of an actor.

And talli, the Steven Hawkings comparison is silly. You are not one of the worlds most respected method and transforming actors, don't compare yourself to a man who is a pioneer in his field. It's a bad joke.

CrazyEight wrote:Aside from What's Eating Gilbert Grape, DiCaprio has never fully transformed himself into a character in the way Depp, Ledger, Lewis, Pitt, Spacey, Hardy, Bale, etc... are capable of doing. Some actors simply are not capable of that kind of transformation, and I believe DiCaprio is one of them. Does that make him a bad actor? No, not everyone should be expected to become a totally different person, he's still one hell of an actor.

And talli, the Steven Hawkings comparison is silly. You are not one of the worlds most respected method and transforming actors, don't compare yourself to a man who is a pioneer in his field. It's a bad joke.

i'm not....i''m just saying that the ignorant call people stupid all the times when in fact, it is actually them who are stupid

most transformational actors arent method at all by the way

CrazyEight wrote:Aside from What's Eating Gilbert Grape, DiCaprio has never fully transformed himself into a character in the way Depp, Ledger, Lewis, Pitt, Spacey, Hardy, Bale, etc... are capable of doing. Some actors simply are not capable of that kind of transformation, and I believe DiCaprio is one of them. Does that make him a bad actor? No, not everyone should be expected to become a totally different person, he's still one hell of an actor.

Pitt?! When has he "transformed".

Out of the films I've seen him in: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Inglourious Basterds, and Snatch. In every single one of those films he has different accents, a different set of facial expressions, posture, charisma, attitude, and facial features and physicality then his real self.

CrazyEight wrote:
Out of the films I've seen him in: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Inglourious Basterds, and Snatch. In every single one of those films he has different accents, a different set of facial expressions, posture, charisma, attitude, and facial features and physicality then his real self.

those are good examples...however they are few throughout his career