The Devil in the White City (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:
fake accent? he nailed it and everyone said he did. He got nominated for an Oscar in case you did not know. Clearly It was a great performance. Just hug Johnny Depp's nuts a little more. (Who happens to play similar characters all the time in crappy Tim Burton Films.) Is Johnny Depp getting casted in the greatest living American director's every film? Nope... but in your vast knowledge of acting ability, I guess you know more then Martin Scorsese.

lol so Sandra Bullock must be a really good actress because she got nominated for that mediocre work she did in the blind side
:roll:

Depp transforms himself for every role....Dicaprio could learn a lot from him

as far as that accent goes...the accent may have sounded on par, but you can still tell its Leo talking because he had the same exact rhythm of speech...so it sounded like Leo doing a north african accent, it didnt sound like a character that we were meeting for the first time

There are actors who play themselves...Leo is one of them....then there are actors who always go outside of themselves to create something fresh...thats Hardy, Depp, Ledger, Jeff Bridges, etc.

just because Depp hasnt worked with Scorsese yet, doesnt mean Scorsese hasnt been adamantly seeking him out for projects

Leo is miles better than Depp he proved that by making Depp look like he needed acting lessons in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Leo is miles better than Depp he proved that by making Depp look like he needed acting lessons in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
^ THIS

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Leo is miles better than Depp he proved that by making Depp look like he needed acting lessons in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
Um, Leo was playing a mentally handicapped person, Depp was playing an average joe.

CrazyEight wrote:
Um, Leo was playing a mentally handicapped person, Depp was playing an average joe.
um, whats your point? He still completely out acted him

CrazyEight wrote:

basically lol

its so amusing to talk to these simpletons

even if that was a valid comparison,..we are talking about TODAY....Dicaprio hasnt transformed since Gilbert Grape...meanwhile Depp went miles and beyond

Dicaprio always tries to play the cool guy

look at Depp in The Tourist...a blockbuster movie that arguably doesnt need a characterization from a megastar like Depp...yet he goes out of the way to create a guy who is anti-cool and feels out of place, and confused

look at Depp in The Tourist...a blockbuster movie that arguably doesnt need a characterization from a megastar like Depp...yet he goes out of the way to create a guy who is anti-cool and feels out of place, and confused
so your already claiming depps performance in the toourist is great even though it hasnt came out hillarious :lol: btw that movie looks awful!

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
so your already claiming depps performance in the toourist is great even though it hasnt came out hillarious :lol: btw that movie looks awful!
i'm not talking about performance...i'm talking about the characterization

you're telling me you can't see what his mannerisms and expressions are like?

you're telling me when you see people on a day to day basis, you cant distinguish between them because its impossible to tell them apart in the matter of a few minutes?

you can see what he does with his body language and what kind of qualities he put into that character just from those small bits....its not rocket science buddy

oh okay

talli why each time you have to argue with someone and try to appear really smart and stuff...

Johnny Depp and characterization ? Are you god damn kidding me ?

Johnny Depp is a god damn character-actor and I don't see anything THAT GOOD in his mannerism or whatever you like... he's doing his usual self when he plays a "normal" person without wearing a mask ... :roll:

Johnny Depp is so overrated these days... smh... The only thing I'm reading is non-sense... :sick: