Untitled Star Wars Trilogy (Rian Johnson)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So rumors swirling Rian is off this and it’s been scrapped.

Allstar wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 12:02 am
The source is coming from a guy who posted it on his wordpress blog. I wouldn't give any credibility to this rumour at all.

BlairCo wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 12:12 am
Allstar wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 12:02 am
The source is coming from a guy who posted it on his wordpress blog. I wouldn't give any credibility to this rumour at all.
Jordan Maison who is a reliable Star Wars scooper said he heard these rumblings 6 months ago and after that it wasn’t mentioned by Iger when discussing the future but mentioned Benioff and Weiss. There’s smoke certainly.

Making Star Wars claims false.

Good.

That'll make Star Wars fans happy.

It'll make plenty of them happy actually. Mostly among the new generation of fans. The same group that awarded Jedi with an "A" on cinemascore, 89% on comscore, and 47.5% of IMDb voters who rated the film 8 or higher as well as Empire readers who picked it as the best movie of 2017.

A good portion of that particular group of white male 30-40 fans who consider themselves the owners of Star Wars however, will most likely disapprove.£

It will be funny to see 30 000 0/10 on IMDB the Tuesday before release. I think some will already make some noise for Knives Out. I just hope they don't realise there's an animation picture about two badass sisters (or Mary Sue in their vocabulary) in the next room.
I could live with the trilogy being cancelled. I feel like Rian has already completely disrupted the universe and he can hardly go further without going too far. What I would like most, is for him to do the Avengers film of Marvel phase 4 in 2022 or 2023 and disrupt this universe the way he did with SW. Then move on to the next franchise...
Jokes aside I really want him to make big blockbusters again, but not necessarily SW.

my mentions have been cancer for 24 hours since i had the nerve to praise RJ

i have no clue how he maintains being such a class act since it must be 1000x worse for him

-Vader