Untitled Star Wars Trilogy (Rian Johnson)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 1:24 am
Intellectual... or intelligent? But you started the conversation with ‘he’s doing it for z moneyz’... which is neither logical nor close to the truth. You don’t become a creative director of an entire new trilogy, supposedly hands free, to earn money first and foremost.
Nothing I find when it comes to Johnson's new project revolutionary. What I'm pointing out is that in the long run, what Johnson has signed up for is purely for business reasons nothing in terms of artistry. In the medium--field that he's in or anyone, you have to take revolutionary steps to push cinema to another level--be able to show you've always had a voice as an artist, more importantly a point of view.

Johnson, what did he gave us before Star Wars, Brick and Looper. The latter happens to be my favorite. Nothing is wrong with making a Star Wars flick. And he's a fan. More power to him. But we get it. No need to stay in the same universe. Move on. Bring more originality. Inspire artists.

Lol this is some dumb shit

ArmandFancypants wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 4:16 pm
Lol this is some dumb shit
don't call him that, he's trying his best!

Nolan fans forums, unfortunately, has been taken over by the Star Wars and MCU/DCU crowd. :lol:

yOu HaVe To TaKe rEvOlUtIoNaRy StEpS tO pUsH cInEmA tO aNoThEr LeVeL

mOvE oN

bRiNg MoRe OrIgInAlItY

iNsPiRe ArTiStS

Ruth wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 7:00 pm
yOu HaVe To TaKe rEvOlUtIoNaRy StEpS tO pUsH cInEmA tO aNoThEr LeVeL

mOvE oN

bRiNg MoRe OrIgInAlItY

iNsPiRe ArTiStS
:lol:

£

Johnson has stepped a few steps back to work on a new trilogy based on someone else's work. It would've been understandable if he'd introduce something entirely original. Enough of Star Wars. Like Blomkamp, who's been obsessed with Alien for the past few years. Anyways, the main reason Disney is continuing this whole Star Wars saga is because of the folks like the members here.

This site unfortunately has lost its purpose.
Last edited by Rohan on March 22nd, 2018, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good luck in the open world then I guess.

Rohan wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 7:29 pm
Johnson has stepped a few steps back to work on a new trilogy based on someone else's work. It would've been quite understandable if he'd introduce something entirely original. Enough of Star Wars. Like Blomkamp, who's been obsessed with Alien for the past few years. Anyways, the main reason Disney is continuing this whole Star Wars saga is because of the folks like the members here.

This site was created after a fella made an instant classic by adapting a comic book.£

Master Virgo wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 7:55 pm
Rohan wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 7:29 pm
Johnson has stepped a few steps back to work on a new trilogy based on someone else's work. It would've been quite understandable if he'd introduce something entirely original. Enough of Star Wars. Like Blomkamp, who's been obsessed with Alien for the past few years. Anyways, the main reason Disney is continuing this whole Star Wars saga is because of the folks like the members here.

This site was created after a fella made an instant classic by adapting a comic book.£
Nolan's TDK trilogy is different from every single flick that DC and Marvel/Disney has produced. Nolan originally had plans to move on after TDK, but WB wanted him back. Only reason he decided to tackle Rises because Jonathan and him were able crack the idea. Although, he ended up making the third installment, he still made a better film than every single thing that Disney/Marvel and DC has done. Be it comic-book or Star Wars flick.

This is Nolan we're talking about. This is a Nolan site. A corner for his die-hard fans. Not for Marvel and Star Wars aficionados. You guys have taken over the forum and constantly bashing those who believe in originality just like Nolan does. After TDK trilogy, Nolan could've gone towards Disney to tackle a Marvel film or Star Wars. He has a vision, a point of view, and has ideas to push for originality and give us better films. I used to watch Marvel films as well. I used to praise them. But as I watched Nolan and understood his vision as an artist, I realized I was wasting time with Marvel and as well as Star Wars. It's not like I didn't give Abrams' Star Trek and Star Wars a chance. But Abrams isn't Nolan.

Back to Johnson, good for him because he was given the chance to make a Star Wars film. Maybe as a fan he always wanted to tackle one. But why now he has to create new characters for a new trilogy that will still has that Star Wars stamp on it? That's anti-original. He should've convinced Disney to make an original film based on his idea after The Last Jedi. Like after TDK, Nolan did Inception for WB. He's no Nolan, I know. He can't be. And I don't think he wants to be. But he does want be good friends with a major studio like Nolan is. Then, he better take advantage of the opportunity to bring original films.